Person sues Kellogg's claiming strawberry Pop-Tarts didn't have enough strawberries inside

Maybe she should switch to Froot Loops. I heard they upgraded their recipe to include more Froot.

5 Likes

Nice! “I would like to file a complaint, for my ‘bubble and squeak’ was neither bubbly nor squeaky.”

2 Likes

Stephen Colbert covered the story, and on the dearth of actual fruit in Pop tarts, said, “Yea! We know!”

I think even less than 2% raspberries:

10 Likes

This suit to will definitely be a field day for the corporate/Republican propaganda mills. Recently I read an article (sorry, don’t know where) dissecting the “epidemic of frivolous lawsuits” fairy tale which still resonates today in the Halls of Power. Consider the mileage they got out of the McDonald’s coffee suit, which involved real physical injury. Expect to hear a LOT about this (especially on Fox) for weeks if not months. If I were a conspiracist I’d wonder if this is a false flag lawsuit launched by a right wing dark money gang to gin up outrage over frivolous liberal lawsuits going into the mid-term elections.

6 Likes

See, they just need to explain it better.

These are wholesome, healthy homeopathic strawberries. Less is more, much more in this case!

5 Likes

I remember reading a short by Dave Barry about doing some experimentation with Pop-Tarts and a sacrificial toaster that he tied down the lever on, to prevent it from popping up. Several minutes into toasting, large flames erupted from the toaster and, if it hadn’t been in his back yard, it would have set something on fire. Let’s hear it for the scientific method.

4 Likes

If you are looking for a snack with ingredients consisting of 100% strawberries, might I suggest:

10 Likes

Val Kilmer Film GIF

7 Likes

Kellogg’s product marketing seems to be getting a lot of scrutiny this week.

5 Likes

strawberry, raspberry and blackberry

Technically none of those are berries. So the statement “It’s technically true that there’s fruit in there, but it’s not berries” is absolutely correct even if the afore mentioned fruit were in there

4 Likes

I think the point being made is that despite those things appearing on the box, they’re not in the ingredients list. I don’t think they’re interested in litigating whether a strawberry is botanically a berry, just whether a product with a prominent picture of a strawberry in the front should actually contain some.

3 Likes

Oh I know, I’m just being difficult

3 Likes

Damn you, we aren’t consumers, we are customers.
Show some respect.

In some circles, Spotted Dick [along with Moby Dick] are thought to be STDs…

I’m in favor of truth in advertising but this is reminding me a bit of a few years ago when people got all upset that the “pumpkin pie spice latte” didn’t have any pumpkin in it. That was so so silly.
(For those who don’t know, the allure for those who like that stuff is the blend of spices traditionally used in pumpkin pies, not the pumpkin. :woman_facepalming:t2:)

3 Likes

Guess who’s making the most money? But I bet you all knew that.

1 Like

I always remember boxes from my childhood showing cereal with like blueberries on it, but more to demonstrate that’s having it with fruit is a recommended way to eat it instead of saying “these blueberries are included in your Grape-Nuts.”

3 Likes

Wheaties boxes just got morbid AF.

2 Likes

I found this site way too long ago.

https://www.pmichaud.com/toast/