Pharma bro Shkreli and Fyre Festival fraudster McFarland both receive early release from prison

It’s not “pseudo-German”, it’s an actual German word, thank you very much. And spelled with a capital B.

3 Likes

And perfectly legal!

2 Likes

It seems like a tragic waste to have a death penalty system but fail to use it on any white collar offenders.

(Technically you can make a case that espionage is a white collar offense for which you can be executed; but that’s a really rare edge case, both because of the limited number of spies caught and because of the tendency to treat them as political bargaining matters rather than ordinary offenders.)

It absolutely is, full stop.

4 Likes

My relentless instructor at the Goethe institute sniffed loudly and declared that that word wasn’t proper German (“Das ist keine richtige Deutsche!”) …so opinions vary a bit [wink]. as to all matters of capitalization i bow in my notable deficiency therein.

1 Like

Hopefully those two will get together and throw a giant getting out party.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that instructor said “Das ist kein richtiges Deutsch!”
Which just happens to be my first language, by the way.

4 Likes

Well spotted… low marks for me again. i’ll slink off and make no more comments which depend upon languages henceforth. The field is yours!

2 Likes

But how will you learn?

1 Like

I imagine they can both find jobs with one of Trump’s con jobs…err political fund raising groups or with any televangelist.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.