Pharmacist arrested after vaccine cards sold for $10 a pop

Well, it was a she in this case. And apparently it’s not quite so simple. A little to high, or and inch to the left or right, and you miss the bullseye and the needle goes somewhere it shouldn’t. Seems the upper arm has a small target, (compared to something like your thigh). Even has an official name for the condition…

3 Likes

OK but $10 a pop for the cards really seems like a terrible risk-to-benefit ratio.

Any one of your customers could spill the beans and end your career, and you don’t even get the benefit of repeat sales as one would from illicit drugs. So by the time you’ve made a hundred bucks you’ve entrusted a minimum of ten inherently untrustworthy people with information that could destroy your life.

8 Likes

I still can’t get past the idea of spending $10 extra to avoid getting free medical treatment. That just seems bonkers to me.

5 Likes

One is rather reminded of social security cards.

1 Like

From the linked article:
…arrested at a convention center in Ridgefield Wa for having a fake Vaccine card and because he had a additional blank card with him that he was planning on giving to his friend they are saying he was distributing them as well. It pretty much fucked up his whole life as he lost his Government job and he also ratted on the pharmacist who sold them to him…
__
Well, he was distributing them, & he fucked up his own life. Wonder if he still thinks his devotion to Q, HWSNBN, etc is worth it.
And when his fellow inmates find out he is a snitch, well…

For the most part it is, unless you can’t afford to take the time off for possible aftereffects, etc.
Still, it’s hard to get cheaper than free… but they just started paying people a Benjamin [here in Houston] to get the shot.

It’s bad for both sides. The seller is taking a terrible professional risk [as you point out], & the buyer is still vulnerable to the virus.

I think it is a Political Statement for a lot of these people… owning the Libs, showing fealty to Q/You Know Who, etc. Then there are the Anti-Vaxxers, Religionists, etc.
Pretty sure that Venn diagram is virtually one circle.

3 Likes

“ID? You know what ID stands for? Idiot’s delight.”

• Joe Pesci
2 Likes

Not to mention a lot safer and much smarter.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

3 Likes

Despite having had my shots in March and April, the injection site still occasionally hurts, curiously most often when the news is showing anti-vaxxer stories.

It’s much better than the awful, gasp-inducing muscle pain I had after the 2nd shot. It ran from my shoulder blade/side of my neck, down past the elbow. It felt like the arm muscles were being grabbed & twisted, and happened for more than a month whenever I did the “wrong” thing. I’ve never spoken with/been typed at by anyone who had the same experience, thank fuck.

It seems that way b/c it is indeed completely bonkers.

3 Likes

It varied based on provider. My personal info and nurses info were hand written, but my lot number, brand, hospital and date were all stickers (hospital affiliated). My wife got hers at a different site and all of the info was stickers (federally run arena mass vax site). My little sister’s card was fully hand written (pharmacy chain).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.