Phil Collins' ex-wife has allegedly taken over his mansion with armed guards

Who would have thought a man with so many great breakup songs would be so unlucky in love?

I will be buying the next album. It promises to be a new level of dramatic.

7 Likes

And now — according to a lawsuit filed by Collins — Cevey and her new husband, Tom Bates, are allegedly living in his $33 million dollar Miami beachfront mansion. And they’ve hired four armed guards to protect them. According to the Miami Herald :

The new couple are “threatening, implicitly and explicitly, to prolong their unlawful occupation of the property through force,” the filing states. “An injunction is urgently needed to end an armed occupation and takeover of the Phil Collins home by his ex girlfriend and her new husband, the defendants in the action.”

But seriously at this point, I expect the ex-wife and new hubby to be hauled into court, and claim with a straight face that what they did was perfectly legal according to Florida law.

And then win the case, and be awarded the mansion.

11 Likes

That’s Just The Way It Is.

4 Likes

This Miami Vice reboot is on point.

14 Likes

“It’s just a shame, and That’s All.

14 Likes

His ex responds:

9 Likes

Time to cross “Phil Collins’ ex-wife uses armed guards to annex Miami mansion.” off the headline checklist.

8 Likes

JadedFatalDiamondbackrattlesnake-max-1mb

29 Likes

In a couple decades Tom Bates will be all grown up and ready to sue her for a mansion to share with his own twenty-something. /s

Seriously, I have no prejudgment of consenting adults with arbitrarily large age gaps, but I’m sensing there just might be a pattern here.

7 Likes

She’s been waiting for this moment all her life.

13 Likes

He should ask Peter Gabriel what to do.

8 Likes

i suspect it would involve a sledgehammer.

16 Likes

2 Likes

Egads, that is some wretched plastic surgery…

24 Likes

SWAT can easily remove the armed guards, dead or alive.

Yeah, but the whole point is to still have a house and your stuff when they are done…

7 Likes

*** Well this didn’t turn out to be a …gRoOvY KiNd Of LoVe. Sounds like she wants to stay in the mansion just…oNe MoRe NiGhT. Fairly certain they’ll go on living…sEpArAtE LiVeS. But you know, you can never judge until you hear…BoTh SiDeS oF tHe StORY.:grimacing:

3 Likes

A place to call my own?

Or a second home by the sea

4 Likes

That’s a serious concern given the particulars of this court case.

(Conceivably, the tenth (Colorado) and the eleventh circuit (florida) courts might split on financial damages, but money can’t replace a lot of things.)

6 Likes

Yep. Think of that exact case. Qualified Immunity run amuck.

5 Likes