Photo agencies yank photoshopped picture of Princess Kate and family

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/11/photo-agencies-yank-photoshopped-picture-of-princess-kate-and-family.html

7 Likes

I’d previously just assumed maybe part of their lizard bodies were showing.

5 Likes

Hadn’t heard about the hand, but people but with sharper eyes than I have also called out these bits:

Re. the first - the cheap chain store clothes I grew up in often had badly printed patterns but I guess we don’t expect that in the Windsor Wardrobe
What’s the problem with the second one though?
(Is it the suggestion of bird droppings on the wall, which obviously is Not Allowed In Our Royal Gardens? ;-))

3 Likes

If you believe Kate is actually the one doing the photo editing, I hear the old London Bridge is available for pennies on the dollar (or pound.)

12 Likes

Kate Middleton has had a face swap with Nicolas Cage. Cage is now an English princess raising 3 kids, and Kate is relaxing in a Nevada RV campground.

13 Likes
16 Likes

On the second, I think it’s the white part of the doorway in the exact center of what you posted, there’s a shifted break line in it that would imply a shifted image as well.

5 Likes

No one seems to be commenting on this AI-mangled hand. It’s virtually impossible to cross your fingers like that. I’ve been trying.

13 Likes

I see it now! Cheers

Yeah, well, maybe us commoners can’t do it…

4 Likes

I can do it. I think that’s the littlun showing off.

18 Likes

Ditto. Far easier with my left hand though. Same with the liveong and prosper for me, can do that left but not right.

8 Likes

Ah yes, here’s a helpful summary of errors in the picture, provided by The Guardian and I now see some of the ones I’d missed initially:

ETA:

Does anyone here know how to spot whether or not an AI-powered “smile filter” has been applied to an image with human faces? We shall start with the assumption everyone in the image in question is a human being…

ETA2: oh cool they updated their article:

7 Likes

You now have me using my trackball with both my hands having fingers crossed like that. I hope you’re happy.

Also, I think kids are made of rubber, and anything that looks like photoshop on them is probably real.

8 Likes

Jesus, I can’t, either hand. I’m such a SERF! Can’t roll my damn tongue either.

I can Spock salute all day long though. Can even Pacman them both open-closed, open-closed, like Edward Scissorhands or something. I’m not totally useless…

4 Likes

Me too. Of course I’m 3712th in line for the throne.

6 Likes

Not hard at all if you have a hard surface. He was probably bored to death and could not keep his hands calm.

2 Likes

I think I’ve spotted one they missed! It’s kinda hard to see at first, but there’s something off about the kid on the left:

17 Likes

OK, it turns out I can do it. Whether I can undo it is a different matter though …

11 Likes

It’s a good thing I’d already finished my coffee, because I laughed out loud and my workspace is really cluttered today. Thanks!

5 Likes

Wow, so much Photoshop curious shaming going on!

Dammit Jim, she’s a princess not a pixelmonkey.

3 Likes