Photo of all the Dr. Pepper knockoffs

It’s Dr.Skipper, but smoked fish is awesome nonetheless.

6 Likes

Dr. Brown’s root beer is by no means a Dr. Pepper knockoff. It may well predate Dr. Pepper (first served in 1885, named some years later) — certainly the Dr. Brown’s brand does, dating back to 1869, but I can’t find out when they expanded beyond Cel-Ray (shudder) and cream soda.

3 Likes

No Mr Pibb?

5 Likes

Dr. Pepper is a drink I have always wanted to like, but never actually enjoyed whenever I tried it.

Grape soda is meant to taste like grapes, Sprite is meant to taste like lemon/lime, lots of other sodas are flavored with the plant extract in their names (ginger/cola/birch), even Mellow Yellow/Mt. Dew are “citrus” flavored, but Dr. Pepper isn’t even pepper (or “doctor”) flavored, it’s just “flavored.”

5 Likes

No. Mr. Pibb needs to get serious about his post graduate studies before he can join my club.

9 Likes

What if Mr. Pibb is a British surgeon? They worked hard for that right to be called Mr.

5 Likes

That is a fair point to make, but since Mr. Pibb is in American drink I don’t feel I am being too terribly provincial about this. Besides, given what a nanny state the United Kingdom is, it’s probably just a matter of time before soda is illegal there anyway.

I once convinced a friend to drink Cel-Ray. He deemed it “Interesting.”

Is it just me, or does Dr. Fizzicist sound like a villain from The Tick?

5 Likes

Celery-flavored soda. No thanks. I’d rather drink a spam milkshake.

2 Likes

I can’t stand the stuff, but that’s because I really don’t like celery. It’s not particularly sweet, so it’s not as weird as you might imagine. DRY Sparkling has cucumber, juniper, and lavender flavors. Other small brands are doing similar things:

5 Likes

Agreed, but it’s a soda with “Doctor” in the name so I felt I should add it to the pantheon.

If your doctor doesn’t taste like delicious soda, you may need a second opinion.

I kinda like it :upside_down:

3 Likes

Dr. Pepper says it is “Partially Produced with Genetic Engineering,” which probably means the syrup comes from GMO corn, but I like to think they genetically engineered a creature that secretes pure Dr. Pepper like Futurama’s Slurm worm.

12 Likes

Dr. Pepper straight from Mugwumps. You heard it here. Shhhh…

8 Likes

8 Likes

What are the 23 flavors?

The 23 flavors are cola, cherry, licorice, amaretto, almond, vanilla, blackberry, apricot, blackberry, caramel, pepper, anise, sarsaparilla, ginger, molasses, lemon, plum, orange, nutmeg, cardamon, all spice, coriander juniper, birch and prickly ash.

6 Likes

Prickly ash?

2 Likes

That’s what makes Dr. Pepper woke.

Is that what the kids say nowadays? Woke?

4 Likes

Sea monkeys are stupid. Dinoflagellates are woke.

3 Likes