Photo of all the Dr. Pepper knockoffs

Artist Piero Manzoni beat you to it.

5 Likes

I think the packaging needs to be punched up a bit.

4 Likes

The one called “The Dr.” is the best buy. It contains far more inside then you;d think a can might be able to hold. I’ve gotten as much at five gallons out of a twelve ounce can but it makes funny noises when I open it and is never in the same place twice.

14 Likes

Coca Cola has nothing to do with Dr Pepper in the United States. The DP here is mostly sweetened with corn syrup. Thanks to the popularity of ‘Dublin’ Dr Pepper the company does make a “Pure Cane Sugar” version… and if you’re not careful a “Beet Sugar” version.

As for the diet sodas I’m all about the Diet Coke /Splenda… but it’s not too common.

2 Likes

Ahem. Is there a doctor in the house?

1 Like

Reminds me. https://youtu.be/QNLfQkHQlE8

When I happen to be out in the sticks near Waco/Dallas those 10 ounce bottles with the cane sugar just out of the cooler are somehow amazingly good. Maybe it’s just psychological, though.

The Dublin Dr Pepper situation got complex after 2012. The Dublin plant used to be able to bottle the original Dr. Pepper recipe with cane sugar, but got sued by Snapple who owned the Dr Pepper trademark, and was forced to stop bottling it, but other bottlers took over, and it’s all a mess, so you just have to check the label for cane sugar. Or find the newly bottled Dublin Original that tastes suspiciously familiar despite having no ‘Dr Pepper’ reference on the bottle.

8 Likes

That would be the “New Clear Fizzicist”.

17 Likes

I got one of these at a Don Quijote in Tokyo a couple of years ago.

9 Likes

I love DP, but avoid caffeine. When my wife goes home to Texas, she brings me the caffeine free version, and some of the “Dublin” DP with real sugar. Because she loves me.

1 Like

The cane sugar version of Dr. B in glass bottles is a nice treat.

3 Likes

:scream:

Oh right, we’re still talking about soda.

9 Likes

I really wish there was a Dr. Hoo. :owl::owl::owl:

8 Likes

That’s the one I came looking for – Dr. Schenee was a St. Louis staple in my youth.

2 Likes

they missed one from the 90s - Dr. Smooth. My band wrote a song about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtpHpqvYl3U

I have been at this for 20 years now and have amassed 47 different types in my collection. Mine’s bigger (yes, and that’s exactly what she said).

9 Likes

Okay, one near the top looks like it says, Dr. Kipper.

Prune and smoked fish soda? I’d give it a try.

8 Likes

I object! Dr. Fizzicist is no Dr Pepper knockoff. (Unless he or she is a doctor by virtue of obtaining a PhD.) You all are thinking of Dr Fizzician, who might not even exist.

7 Likes

Better than Dr. Popper. Amyl Nitrate infused soda only sounds like a great idea.

7 Likes

7 Likes