Photo of all the Dr. Pepper knockoffs

Apparently, Kibo himself started posting reviews of Dr Pepper clones 20 years ago.

There have been some other, more extensive roundups of Dr Pepper clones, but they have not survived the shifting sands of web hosting.

4 Likes

Curious that some of them are “Dr.”, but some, like the true beverage, omit the period.

1 Like

Did Coca Cola do it to other drinks? I only noticed it with Dr Pepper because its a significant amount of the sugar they have reduced it by. I admit to drinking the new Dr Pepper every now and then because I don’t completely hate it and for something different every now and then, it still tastes OK but the original was much much better. On the same topic I actually quite like the new Coke Zero and if Coke Life is still a thing (haven’t looked for it recently) I like that too. OK I admit I have a soft-drink problem.

Apparently its currently called “Pibb Extra” or some shit.

Our favorite was always Dr. Thunder. The Walmart brand.

Its extreme with multiple X’s.

That seems like a much worse solution than just reducing the amount of sugar. Most sodas are overly sweet to begin with, and IIRC many had less sugar in the not too distant past.

5 Likes

I used to like Dr. Eck, but it didn’t stay in business very long.

3 Likes

My endocrinologist is in a big medical building with a couple of dozen other physicians, and the caller ID identifies her phone number as “Dr. Pepper.” Always makes me grin.

8 Likes

I drank so much Dr Thunder in college. Doesn’t taste too bad, but kinda burns when you chug it.

4 Likes

A father and son are in a horrible car crash that kills the dad. The son is rushed to the hospital; just as he’s about to go under the knife, Dr. Pepper says, “I can’t operate—that boy is my son!”

9 Likes

Dr. Pepper was a polar bear!

…wait, wrong puzzle.

7 Likes

Yes. In the heat of the night, mistakes will be made.

4 Likes

The son was brought up in a bisexual polyamorous commune. We don’t know the gender of Dr. Pepper, not that it matters.

10 Likes

“Some Shit”. With the right packaging, that could sell.

5 Likes

Lawyers. 'Nuff said.

3 Likes

Do they have Dr Prepper in a camo can?

5 Likes

Better let it out!

6 Likes

Probably less hilarious than all the Captain Morgan knockoffs

9 Likes

I would drink “The Fizzicist”, if it didn’t have, well, you know, sugar and stuff. Can they make a version that is just seltzer water?* I just want to drink out of a can that says “The Fizzicist”.

*I kid.

5 Likes

According to the coke website, they all contain Acesulfame K, Aspartame, Sodium Saccharin and/or Steviol Glycosides. Because coca cola wants to “help us to enjoy less sugar” (nope, no thanks).

1 Like

I thought Shasta used to have a different name, something Like Dr. Durango (not really durango, but it was an oddish word)

Some dude who happens to be a father died in the car crash.

Did I win a miss-the-point-prize?

2 Likes