Picasso's watch, customized with his name on the dial, sells for $270,000

Originally published at: Picasso's watch, customized with his name on the dial, sells for $270,000 | Boing Boing

3 Likes
7 Likes

i wonder where those sheets of glass ended up?

4 Likes

I had no idea his real name was Sopab Lopicas

7 Likes

I saw them at the de Young fine arts gallery in SF around 2010, it was an amazing expo, literary every medium he ever worked in was present.

4 Likes

The trouble with the Picasso Watch is that both hands are always on the same side of the face.

8 Likes

Too bad Salvador Dali’s watch melted before they could auction it off.

8 Likes

How in dog’s name does someone design a watch face with 12 characters, yet none of them align properly!?! Did the entire face rotate somehow? This makes me irrationally upset.

7 Likes

I kern believe it either!

5 Likes

I’d wear it if it made sure I was never called an a*hole. At least not around here.

1 Like

Same singer, different painter.
I like the song more, though.

1 Like

There are classic 40s/50s wristwatches out there that are gorgeous. Picasso’s, though…

Same here.

Perhaps Picasso – being Picasso – wanted it that way. :upside_down_face:

Flipside: A still-working watch from the 60s almost definitely had to have been serviced at some point (particularly if it had been handled cavalierly by the owner). I can see a 3rd rate watch repairperson screwing up the rebuild.

1 Like

So picasso’s watch goes for $270k, but a non-existent thing reminding us of the oh so culturally important video “Charlie bit my finger” sells for how much again…?

1 Like

Yeah but you would have to put up with all those girls turning the color of avocado.

1 Like

Except when the hands fall on “B” and “I” which is the time he goes to the dentist… :grinning:

Badum tish anyone?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.