Pickle juice slushies are coming to Sonic Drive-In this summer

That’s also pretty much the formula for Gatorade, and nobody says yuck to that, except people who taste it.

1 Like

I always figured the pickle juice in Dr. T was a pee joke, or perhaps more accurately a “piss and vinegar” joke.

Eh, it’s basically vinegar, salt, and a few spices. Not sure you’d be able to make it synthetically a whole lot cheaper, although no doubt it’ll be concentrated at some point.

Sounds like they’re going to be adding a shitload of sugar, which kind of kills the point, A shot of pickle juice can be terrific during/after a long, hot run, but this sounds like they’re making it super-sweet, which seems gross.

I for one am willing to give this a go. Sure, sounds odd at first but considering some of the comments, it also sounds like it could work. And now I am wondering what I might be able to come up with using simple syrup, club soda and really good balsamic vinegar…

2 Likes

IMHO, real pickle juice is fermented. But yes, most grocery store pickles are just a vinegar brine.

Given that salty lemonade is a popular thing in some places around the world, pickle-juice slushies make perfect sense to me.

Myself, in the summer I’ll often add some salt to my glass of lemonade made from some cheap frozen lemonade concentrate. Really hits the spot. :slight_smile:

(Yes, I know, the cheap frozen lemonade concentrates are made with high-fructose corn syrup :skull_and_crossbones: It’s the only thing with HFC in it that I buy. But even the cheapest store-brand concentrates are made from actual lemons :lemon:, so that’s good.)

1 Like

I, for one, hate dill pickle flavor, but love sweet pickle flavor. I’m not sure what to make of this.

It should be known that I drink bread and butter pickle juice straight from the jar when I’ve eaten all the pickles.

2 Likes

You monster.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.