Piers Morgan's "uncensored" TV show struggles in ratings

Originally published at: Piers Morgan's "uncensored" TV show struggles in ratings | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Piers Morgan is struggling with a lot of things. Like being a fully rounded human being, and then some.

20 Likes

laugh

Anybody that says “he’s a straight talker” means he’s a hateful bigot.

If he punched immigrants his fans would watch but asking them to sit down and listen? Nope.

27 Likes

Piers Morgan, professional scumbag and scumbag enabler.

13 Likes

I guess more Piers equals less viewers.

6 Likes

Tough on scumbags, tough on the causes of scumbags.

6 Likes

Absolutely spot-on.

If there were a god, she’d be saying “Oops, no, sorry, gotta try that again. I was tryna make a human.”

8 Likes

This is after heavy promotion of the new show and new channel in the press, along with a lot of advertising.

Why has a brand new channel got the funds for an advertising blitz, and why can it gather so much positive press attention? Well, it’s owned by NewsUK, which is the latest name for Rupert Murdoch’s UK media holdings- which makes:

A very accurate description indeed.

11 Likes

Jeremy Kyle? THIS Jeremy Kyle???

There are no depths to which the Murdochs will not sink.

People in the UK with strong stomachs might want to watch Channel 4’s recent documentary about this toxic individual and his show:

7 Likes

He’s even fallen out with the Mussolini of Mar a Lago:

Trump himself has now weighed in on talkTV’s performance: “Ratings for the Piers Morgan interview with me were great! Unfortunately, after that interview, his show bombed completely because of the fake narrative he tried to portray. The fact is, I got a new closeup glimpse at Piers, and he no longer has what it takes. It’s over for him!”

4 Likes

Piers Morgan has all the intellectual nous of a brain-damaged Lhasa Apso.
I’m afraid that the world has become so full of irredeemably vile and obnoxious people that I just can’t be arsed to think of ever more colourful ways of describing my feelings, so I’m just going to use my now stock response, which sums things up fairly succinctly:

9 Likes

Life must be hard for Piers. Imagine going through life scared of vegan sausage rolls.

Stephen Fry’s famous reference to Piers Morgan is at 1.10.

9 Likes

I haven’t subjected myself to the show, but I honestly took a break from YouTube a little while ago just because all my preroll ads were either this guy, or Nigel Farage. Farage was hawking some financial nonsense. The Morgan ads were entirely him saying the hackiest American culture war catch phrases, and nothing else.

Why, England, must we continually elevate disgraced “journalists”?

7 Likes

I read that more as the orange moron saying “Well, I got what I needed from him. I don’t need anything anymore, so fuck him!”

6 Likes

And Graeme Garden(?) calling Piers Morgan a tw*t at 1:55 m.

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to track down who the cast was because it didn’t sound like Graeme, but I’m not having any luck.

4 Likes

Sounds like Tim Brooke-Taylor to me. Apparently it was in the 30th Anniversary edition in 2002.

7 Likes

That’s entirely on-brand as well.

5 Likes

Indeed. Somewhere early in this most recent fascification of the world, “straight talker” or “keeps it real” (etc) came to mean “says all the hateful things that I feel that I wish I could say without my kids chewing me out for it”.

4 Likes

Right? Who else gets riled up about vegan sausage rolls more than an asshole?

5 Likes