Pigeon thinks roof exhaust vent is a merry-go-round

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/15/pigeon-thinks-roof-exhaust-ven.html

8 Likes

Even Pigeons got’a have some fun.

8 Likes
8 Likes

s/thinks/is aware that/

3 Likes

I like to imagine that the other pigeons on the roof are waiting for their turn on this spinning rooftop vent.

Given the lack of interest by the other pigeons, I think it’s more likely they’re saying, “Whoa Bob, you’re a crazy one!” Although this sort of behavior by various birds (presumably all dare-devil thrill-seekers) is well documented - riding on things just, apparently, for the “fun” of it.

3 Likes

That pigeon is an idiot.

That’s not what those things are for.

5 Likes

Knowing pigeons as I do, I’ll bet the pigeon thinks the world suddenly started rotating and he’s the one standing still.

15 Likes
1 Like

Great, now I’ve got pigeon vomit all over my roof.

8 Likes

Is pigeon vomit more vile or less than pigeon poo?

:poop:

2 Likes

Good point. They get you coming and they get you going.

3 Likes

Thinks? They don’t have that much brain.

Reminds me of the cat on the Roomba. We got two kittens – litter-mates – about 15 years back. One of them managed to get herself under a small upside-down cat bad, and began walking around with it on top of her. The other kitten promptly got on top and took a ride. Wish I had a video of it.

5 Likes

Maybe the vent is a source of warm air on a cold morning?

4 Likes

See, there’s your problem. Like a mechanical bull in a bar, you shouldn’t give 'em alcohol before they get on.

1 Like
5 Likes
3 Likes

There are roller and tumbler breeds of pigeons. That one’s a spinner.

:wink:

1 Like

That made me happy!

2 Likes

Coo coo coo coo, coo coo coo coo, merry-go-round!
coo coo coo coo, coo coo coo coo, merry-go-round!
Etc.