Pilot lands plane on helipad on roof of 56-story building (video)

Back then, CGI was so expensive that they simulated the wireframe effect by filming physical models that were black with white lines on them.

1 Like

Paris’ world-class underground sewer system was created in 1370, but of course the ancient Greeks and other civilizations from thousands of years ago had pretty decent municipal sewers as well. In my opinion it’s one of the great signifiers of any sophisticated, enduring civilization.

3 Likes

Ho hum.

I suppose Red Bull execs are happy that this ad for their product got some views.

2 Likes

The most literal signifier of an urban civilization that has got its shit together.

4 Likes

I’m trying to wrap my head around that statement. Even if you’re among the minority of people who are excited about the potential of virtual reality, isn’t the whole point of the metaverse that anyone can log in and experience it from anywhere? If all the virtual art is created and experienced within the metaverse why should any specific geographic location have any advantages over others for VR artists? What was it that you saw during your visit that makes you excited about Dubai’s role in the metaverse?

5 Likes

What makes that scene even cooler is the “computer graphics” of the city was just a model using tape and black lights to create the look!

3 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It’s a cool scene and I’m not surprised it was done with practical effects…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Fair enough

1 Like

They would have been useful in this scenario!

I’m nearly 55, still not in a home, but this sketch (among others) just brought home how good Iannucci is.

ETA:

“You sit in a sports car, but you look like a worm on a diamond.”

“Possibility is a private party to which you are no longer invited.”

I’ll be happy to continue proving him wrong :wink:

1 Like

Dubai reads the new york times and learns the wrong sort of lessons

1 Like

Dunno, it is still a 14kn speed difference. But I don’t really care for them trying either way.

“We made history”

Yeah, no.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.