Pink Floyd's Roger Waters calls Biden a "war criminal" and says "Taiwan is part of China"

I’m off to the bar.

20 Likes

Yes. Artists behaving like artists. If you find that irritating, some of that might be self-inflicted. You can participate, spread knowledge and perspective, be more active for meaningful change (in contrast to Waters’ world view), or just move along if it’s not for you.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I appreciate that thoughtful distinction. I admit that my own thinking about it has been filtered through the “What should America do?” perspective and that is limited.

1 Like

If you’re going to the bar, take this, get me one in, cheers.

2 Likes

Hard disagree there. Some entertainers use their platform for good and some use it for ill, but all are entitled to use their fame to express their political stances. In fact it’s hard to imagine what the careers of many musicians would look like if they hadn’t been overtly political.

41 Likes

His announcement before the concert would turn me off of buying tickets.

I don’t care if a performer’s politics are in line with mine or not, I’m paying to hear them sing or play or entertain me.

I hate it when they babble on about anything.

I’ve heard “shut up and sing” at many shows.

1 Like

I dunno about you, but most of the “educated in politics” politicians who purport to represent me look nothing like me nor do they share my values so yes, I DO WANT other people involved.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Why? Because they are old? Or because they’re musicians? Or is it because they’re dudes?

2 Likes

Any one is free to express their opinion. Giving more weight to the opinions of people because they are celebrities is stupid, unless they also happen to be experts on what they are talking about.

2 Likes

Maybe he could form a band with Eric Clapton and Van Morrison, and possibly Morrisey…

17 Likes

THIS RIGHT HERE is exactly why I tell my kids that when I get older and start babbling like a calcified old douchebag, that they may involuntarily euthanize me. I don’t want my, albeit humble, legacy marred by my brain turning stodgy and obstinate and out of touch with reality.

(edit)

Also, don’t allow me to make friends with wealthy Russians.

8 Likes

“If you’re one of those ‘I love Pink Floyd but I can’t stand Roger’s politics people,’ you might do well to f— off to the bar right now.”

tips hat
why thank you, i think you’re right – to the bar it is, then!

15 Likes

Brave person for spouting political views on the internet without being employed as the internet police.

3 Likes

Mix in Varg Vikernes, and you’d have an awesome band of the most horrible people.

1 Like

Well anyways, thanks for Ummagumma, bro.

5 Likes

I liked Roger Waters–like 30 years ago.

1 Like

Indeed Washington ruled over the Philippines more recently that Beijing ruled over Taiwan. A clear majority of the populace of both island nations wish to remain independent and that is enough reason to support their right to continue to do so.

12 Likes

Sit down, Tankie.

2 Likes

While I thought that it would be churlish to SAY that as Dick Dale was talking about his cancer, I DID think it.

1 Like