Pittsburgh synagogue shooter to be executed

1 Like

What does that have to do with the actual topic?

Oh, wait, I know:

3 Likes

Meanwhile…

5 Likes

I wish more states would abolish the death penalty because it’s fucked up, inhumane, prone to gross miscarriage of justice, economically disastrous, and it’s not even a deterrent to other violent criminals.

People like this man should be kept in prisons for the rest of their natural lives for the safety of others, and they should have extremely limited means to contact the outside world and no means of profiting from their evil while in prison… beyond that I see no need for it to be more inhumane than that though imo.

Some people will feel they need more vengeance than that but I think the overall safety of the population from the death penalty outweighs the individual needs of some rarified group of victims, after all we have no problem telling the bulk of life’s victims that it is on them to move on without any state sanctioned killing.

6 Likes

In general I don’t trust the state enough to be OK with it having the power of execution.

But in this specific case of clear guilt for a heinous crime, I am not going complain about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.