Pittsburgh killings: Trump blames synagogue for not having armed guards

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/27/pittsburgh-killings-trump-bla.html

5 Likes

Sure, why not blame the victims some more. :unamused:

48 Likes

Look, the “president” has a difficult balancing act here. He has to be careful not to offend those who support him, like these “very fine people”:

51 Likes

And if the Jews in Germany would have had installed unbreakable glass, the Nazis would have been stopped.

56 Likes

If only Trump had been there, he could have run in and saved everybody. It’s disgraceful that with all the resources of the federal government, we can’t manage to get Dolt45 into the line of fire at these scenes. I’m sure the bullets would just bounce right off him.

Or not.

21 Likes

Trump blames synagogue for not having armed guards

That single statement alone once upon a time would have been sufficient to get Trump thrown out of office in disgrace. Now it’s just a footnote. Our country is pretty much gone.

46 Likes

Trump publicly declared himself a “nationalist” last week. Most media passed over it, but he was heard loud and clear.

44 Likes

broadchurch-sad|nullxnull

28 Likes

Prepare for another wave of religious right figures encouraging people to bring guns to church. This group wants to deny that church and state are separate entities and that somehow Trump has been anointed by God to lead us into a fascist theocracy where the government has total control of our private lives. They are already insisting that their followers go out to vote and telling them who to vote for. Please get out, vote and help to stop this cult.

11 Likes

Wow. Look at those creeps, and their smug, dead eyes.

4 Likes

20 Likes

My wife, who is essentially apolitical, saw that statement and said “What the hell is he talking about? We need to be armed in church now?” I dont think i could put it better. Unfortunately his base will find this a perfectly logical conclusion to draw.

25 Likes

I should add, I guess, that she said this in a shocked, disbelieving way. The fascists will not be shocked at all.

6 Likes

It’s bait.

Think about the anti-semitic hysteria that would ensue if Synagogues did start arming: “What are they doing in there that’s so bad, they have to arm themselves?”

18 Likes

And just imagine if black churches started arming. There would all out panic! No, they would love it, moving toward a race war, exactly what they want.

18 Likes

I blame his parents for not having condoms.

23 Likes

Republican politicians expressed fury at the time, accusing Assange of treason, and Trump himself told an interviewer: “I think it’s disgraceful, I think there should be like death penalty or something.”

“If they some kind of protection inside the temple, it would be a different situation,” he said during a press conference at Andersen Air Force Base.

He also called for use of the death penalty for this kind of crime.

I’m sure I could find more.

Capital punishment is a legal penalty under the United States federal government criminal justice system.

It can be handed down for treason, espionage, murder, large-scale drug trafficking, or attempted murder of a witness, juror, or court officer in certain cases.

All he needs is a way to make make the crimes Federal, maybe some tweaking by SC(R)OTUS.

4 Likes

America’s state religion requires guns be carried at all times:

Also:

12 Likes

Everyone who voted for republicans in the last 20 years shares some of the blame.

18 Likes

Don’t forget the actual narrative on the Right of how gun control is why the Holocaust happened.

17 Likes