Pizza Hut manager threatened employees evacuating for Hurricane Irma

I’m also betting the manager that wrote that makes less than $15 an hour…

2 Likes

Franchises - the Jim Belushi of business structures.

(Community might need to update that reference now, he was recently quite awesome)

2 Likes

My basic rule for pizza places is to never eat anything from a franchise or chain. That works pretty well for most food, actually.

There’s a place in Coober Pedy that does a fantastic Capricciosa.

1 Like

When a company allows someone to buy a franchise it means that they are selling “certain” rights to the company’s name. That is all. The company makes it clear that “certain” rights are sold but not all rights; such as the right to buy equipment from anywhere that the buyer wants. They must buy from specific companies that have a partnership involving certain products. The franchise seller makes money on that partnership. What is wrong with? Don’t like it? Don’t buy their franchise. That is commerce. It is how all cultures have exist. Should a government force companies to sell all rights to themselves when selling a franchise?

Granted there definitely were more dangerous areas, but…

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1LENN_enUS627US627&biw=1242&bih=580&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=jacksonville+irma&oq=jacksonville+irma

No. People should just know not to buy into most franchises. Some are ok. Most are perilously close to, if not outright, scams.

2 Likes

Pizza Hut lost me when they discontinued the Pizza Rollers. Fuckers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.