Pizza slice-shaped bags for, well, your slices of pizza

Potato and rosemary can be pretty good on a pizza.
I worked in a good small ‘i’ Italian place. I didn’t make the pizza though.

2 Likes

In Japan this is a regular oven:

Theres room for a fish or two there, not much else.

2 Likes

I smell a new Kickstarter project. Like a sandwich bag, only smaller.

3 Likes

I spent my childhood (1960s-early '70s) in the LA area, but the first time I had proper veggies on a pizza was in Iowa City in the 1990s, at a franchise called Gumby’s.

They seem to be located in college towns in the Deep South and Midwest, but probably got the vegetable topping idea from California pizzerias of the times. Gumby’s appears to just have run-of-the-mill pizza toppings these days, but there’s always Mellow Mushroom.

2 Likes

I thought that may be the case.

1 Like

That’s okay for college students, but now that I’m a big, important man I carry my pizza wedges in a custom leather satchel.

8 Likes

Assuming a baggy already exists for square slices, I am concerned with the acute angle of this triangular bag.

2 Likes

It’s not leftover, it’s being carefully aged.

Pizza is at its best when refrigerated and day-old.

1 Like

11 Likes

I suppose if you really, really want triangular plasic bags for your food you could buy regular rectangular bags and use any sealing device1) designed for kitchen use to make your own?

1) What a boring name when there are words like Folienschweißgerät out there.

4 Likes

Well, when life gives you small ovens, make small pizzas.

(You can make potato crisps on a travel iron, after all. Slow and a bit of a mess, but still…)

2 Likes

Seems someone didn’t see the humor and the comment got removed or censored. Clearly you understood that no malice was involved nor were any Maiqs harmed in the making of that macro but someone else missed the point.

What is this “left over pizza” thing you speak of?

1 Like

Sad!!!

Well, there’s always those times someone gets pizza from someplace other than Sally’s, Pepe’s or Modern… but those leftovers we just store in the garbage can.

1 Like

Protip: use a vegetable peeler to shave off thin and consistent wafers of potato. They’re thin enough to cook quickly, which is what you need on a pizza, and they don’t overwhelm it with heavy starchiness.

Also: add sourcream after cooking. Mind you, that applies to practically everything, not just potato pizza …

3 Likes

Just like curry

Potato and rosemary can be pretty good on a pizza.

This is my family’s favorite at Sally’s… we’ve gotten pretty good at making it at home, as well.

Has to be on a white pie, of course.

2 Likes

Why not a french mandolin;

(pain in the ass) But it’ll make these;

Which can be a nice garnish, I find.
Or a Japanese mandolin;

Much safer.
Or just;

For that matter why not cut them a little thicker and blanch them a little? And use yellow potatoes to keep the starch down

But what about calzone?

1 Like