Pizzeria owner tosses hot pizza at machete-wielding robber, pizza wasted but robbery thwarted

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/14/attempted-robbery-thwarted-by.html

10 Likes

Artist’s rendering of the suspect:

pizza_face

34 Likes

Anyone with experience blistering the roof of their mouth with molten pizza cheese will appreciate this; I hope the shop owner scored a direct hit on the guy’s face.

19 Likes

Machete needs a buff to its stats, if it is coming up second to pizza as a weapon.

12 Likes

Stargate Pizza? They’ve fallen so far after moving out of Cheyenne Mountain…

cheyenne

18 Likes

10 Likes

Don’t bring a machete to a pizza fight!

18 Likes

Pizza is my kryptonite too, machete man. But instead of it making me run away I must consume it all until I am immobile.

8 Likes

That’s a straight-up ninja move right there.

31 Likes

12 Likes

I bet Machete Guy didn’t do much monologuing after he was thwarted by Stargate Pizza Man. Molten cheese is like kitchen napalm on the skin.

11 Likes

What the news omitted is the machete man who didn’t see the Goa’uld wrapped into the pizza until too late.

(deeply missing all things SG, especially Atlantis)

3 Likes

I slammed him with a hot Hawaiian - ham, cheese and lotsa pineapple.
That musta really hit him hard.
He just screamed, Pineapple? and ran for his car.

8 Likes

Obligatory:

18 Likes

0:20 … wait for it…

19 Likes

He was Thor about it.

6 Likes

Always carry a pair of samurai swords. That little gun isn’t menacing enough.

Pie fight in 2020. Rough times.

3 Likes

“You wanna piece’a me?” yelled the robber at the partially deaf store-owner, unknowingly sealing his fate.

7 Likes

Anytime I read “machete” in a story like this I wonder if they just mean a large knife. Because usually when they show pictures it turns out not to have been an actual machete.

1 Like