Playacting at McDonald's, Trump bestowed award others work to earn

Originally published at: Playacting at McDonald's, Trump bestowed award others work to earn - Boing Boing

12 Likes

He can wear it next to his Purple Heart.

22 Likes
13 Likes

“. . . because your register came up $20 short at the end of the shift.”

25 Likes

sigh
Well, that’s it. Looks like McDonald’s is earning a lifelong boycott from me. That’s going to be a difficult one to uphold at three in the morning when nowhere else sells food, but first they normalize fascism, then they give the wannabe dictator a little prize to show just how fawning their worship is. This is not the good look they imagine it to be. Not. At. All.

18 Likes

It’s normalizing facism for McDonald’s to give a fry cook job to a bankrupt convicted felon?

9 Likes

There are plenty of good reasons to boycott Mickey D’s of course, but I doubt this was signed off on by corporate. This was a decision made by a franchisee…

22 Likes

Lots of ex-presidents are awarded honorary degrees commensurate with their contribution to society.

12 Likes

Can’t be coincidence.

13 Likes

oh, look! ■■■■■ got a participation trophy!

14 Likes

The owner of this franchise is known to be particularly “nasty”, to coin a phrase.

8 Likes

Should definitely earn him another fake Time cover.

7 Likes

The Big Lebowski Time Magazine GIF by The Good Films

10 Likes

He never got the Emmy he wanted, but finally Trump got an award for his acting.

8 Likes

Well this is turning out to be a really great week for the McDonald’s brand image…

This is one reason real employees are supposed to wear gloves.

10 Likes

Stolen valor?

9 Likes
9 Likes

I saw that last night… Here is the video for folks…

So Good Chefs Kiss GIF by Your Happy Workplace

11 Likes

I want to know how this wasn’t a violation for the restaurant to allow him to handle food without a health permit.

Or is that another one of those things he may have given himself while president “by thinking of it”?

3 Likes

Maybe it’s because all the customers were fake, so that absolves them of liability? Even if not, one can assume the people who volunteered to be his “customers” are the sort of folk who would line up to be shot by Trump on 5th Avenue, then crawl to a voting booth to cast their ballot for him just before bleeding out. They’re not gonna sue their tangerine god (or the business that enabled his fantasies).

5 Likes