Plumbers find gold brick while renovating bathroom

[Read the post]

1 Like

For once, goldbricking on the job was actually a good thing.

10 Likes

Obligatory addition to every plumber’s manual from now on:

If you find a gold brick in the rubble put it in your tool belt. Don’t mention it to the homeowner. Gold bricks are a job perk.

17 Likes

So that’s where I left it!

4 Likes

Owner had no idea the brick was there. Probably the guy who lived there previously & passed away.

1 Like

Is this what they mean by first world problems? :wink:

7 Likes

More bathroom bricks soon to be found when plumber informs his boss and/or wife.

4 Likes

So, does this make the plumbers aurors?

5 Likes

"The homeowners had previously searched their bathroom for the lost treasure and said they were thrilled to be reunited with the missing chunk of change. "

…and promptly threw it onto their pile of gold bars accumulating in the corner of their living room.

6 Likes

More like 1% of the first world problems.

2 Likes

damn, I forgot to move that to the hidden safe at the other house.

2 Likes

I’m sure he did. That’s what I’d do.

5 Likes

Damn, those are some honest plumbers.

2 Likes

Yea that’s it! I lost that gold brick, it was mine, I swear. In… the… bathroom. Wh-why was it there? Not telling!

2 Likes

“…showed the brick to the homeowner”?

1 Like

I think these days they’re mostly cupers, farriers, and polyers. I do reckon there’s a bunch south of the equator that are Argentinians.

2 Likes

eh, it was probably mostly tungsten, anyhow

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2012/03/26/the-drilled-gold-bars-filled-with-tungsten/

3 Likes

This throws a kink in the home owner’s insurance fraud stolen gold brick claim…they would have gotten away with it too if it weren’t for you meddling plumbers!

2 Likes

I’d love to find a gold brick amongst the rubble of my belongings. But that’s a pipe dream.

6 Likes

Plumber… finds gold… amidst rubble… was his name Mario?

3 Likes