Police apprehend a horse-drawn buggy whose driver passed out drunk

Originally published at: Police apprehend a horse-drawn buggy whose driver passed out drunk | Boing Boing

2 Likes

12 Likes

That was more dangerous than most people would assume. Horses are really, REALLY stupid. A possum could have ran in front of that buggy and created a 4 to 7 vehicle pileup that could have also killed that driver that night.

2 Likes

Mordecai is going to be in soooo much trouble with Abraham when he gets home…

4 Likes

I have seen people ride their horse to a bar because the horse knows the way home so no matter how drunk they were the horse could get them home.

4 Likes

At least the buggy has a better autopilot than a Tesla.

14 Likes

Rumspringa!!!

amish mafia GIF

9 Likes

A horse could recognize another horse and recognize a Tesla as a car.

7 Likes

These are our (Ohio’s) version of Florida Man.

4 Likes

Why was the buggy arrested?

1 Like

It could’ve been worse:

Clip Clop
Clip Clop
Clip Clop
Clip Clop
Bang Bang
Clip Clop
Clip Clop
Clip Clop
_
Amish Drive-by Shooting

5 Likes

because it was bugging?

At this rate, selective breeding of horses might actually get us there faster. It would certainly be ironic if the Amish were the only ones with self-guided vehicles.

2 Likes

How does a horse drawn wagon ram a police car? Does the horse jump up on the cruisers hood?

1 Like

I wish they let horses wander free around my city. Maybe then people would slow down in their dangerous vehicles. But then again, people are really, REALLY stupid.

2 Likes

The cop pulled in front of the buggy and stopped, for some reason assuming that would make the horse stop. The horse, of course, simply tried to go around the car, but didn’t go wide enough and the buggy collided with the car. There may have been a scratch created on impact. “Rammed” is definitely a bit of an exaggeration.

9 Likes

That makes Tesla look horrible while you two are still being technically correct. Horses died all the time in chariot races in ancient Rome by consistently crashing into each other (which was considered to be an amusing sight by the lead water drinkers of the time).

1 Like

Young, drunk and unruly? I bet he was one of this Amish crowd:

@almighty_bob Watch the original video from 1.26 to find out.

1 Like

There you go. That’s the article, right there.

6 Likes

“A flight attendant for SpaceX said Elon Musk asked her to “do more” during a massage, documents show. The billionaire founder exposed his penis to her and offered to buy her a horse…”

Just saying. :thinking:

4 Likes