Police dog rescued from cop who was filmed beating it

I’m just amused that invoking “a rotten apple” as (even an ironic) defense, is actually saying “yes, all cops.”

8 Likes

I love dogs but they have no place in law enforcement, except maybe bloodhounds used to track (but NOT to apprehend) suspects or missing persons. Training dogs to attack civilians is a horrific practice that is cruel to dog and civilian alike.

15 Likes

If they were to apply the same legal standards to this cop that they apply to people being mauled, he should be charged with assaulting an officer.

And a relevant Twitter thread. https://twitter.com/hbomberguy/status/1306556530213478406?lang=en Police use of dogs is horrifying at all times.

6 Likes

Maybe there is something about the power of being a police officer that attracts people who enjoy wielding power over other beings, to their harm?

6 Likes

The bad news: Doggo was abused.

The good news: This might result in actual consequence for the offending officer. If it had ‘merely’ been a black or brown human, it would be swept under the rug.

1 Like

I guess the officer felt he needed to prove he was superior.

1 Like

Indeed. Comparing dick lengths would have been humiliating.

3 Likes

Bullshit. That’s not how it’s done. A certified K-9 trainer would shot you if you treated one of his charges like that.

They’d shoot me and yet what have they done about this asshole’s department making excuses for him beating his “partner” while looking furtively for witnesses because he knew damn well what he was doing?

Training animals to maul people on command is animal abuse.

Exactly. It’s barbaric. Anyone willing to do so does not belong near any dog, and unfortunately that includes the entire institution of US cops.

But hey if they do it the next fifteen days maybe they can get a pardon from President Biff. /s

6 Likes

It’s not the apple that is rotten. It’s the barrel… and some barrels are worse than others.
NYPD, LAPD, CPD, countless Sheriff’s depts, etc.
Good apples don’t stay that way for very long; not if they hope to have a long career. After that, the rotteness is relative.
I haven’t known a cop yet that wasn’t a King-Hell Control Freak; some of 'em were relatives.

No, I don’t keep in touch.

2 Likes

You don’t even treat Sentry Dogs like that. The hand of the K-9 handler is meant for praise. Do they teach cops anything or just give them a dog?

As I said, the barrels are designed to protect and maintain the rotten apples and eject the good ones. It’s the inherent influence of police “unions,” but yeah, some are more extreme in the level of rottenness they’re willing to put up with than others.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.