Police hunt man who shot 6-year-old girl and her parents after a ball rolled into his yard

Originally published at: Police hunt man who shot 6-year-old girl and her parents after a ball rolled into his yard | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Drunk That 70S Show GIF by PeacockTV

36 Likes

I’m sure the stand your ground advocates and 2nd ammendment nutjobs will be here shortly to comment.

Oh wait the victims were what? And the shooter was what?

Never mind.

47 Likes

Again, to save our resident ammosexuals some time: “please, talk about anything else except the guns”.

27 Likes

Or my personal favorite: “You got a technical detail about guns wrong. Therefore, you aren’t allowed to talk about this / this incident didn’t happen.”

29 Likes

I honestly thought random mass shootings were the tip top level of crazy.

Now we get to add “shootings because you walked on my grass”?!

We’re six months away from actual comic book supervillains, aren’t we?

13 Likes

Nothing says “Get off my lawn!” quite as sincerely as lighting up a six-year-old.

I’m not a constitutional scholar, but I’m pretty sure that this isn’t what the Founding Fathers had in mind.

16 Likes

Yeah, just read the Twitter thread for confirmation of your suspicions.

5 Likes

I keep rereading the last few paragraphs from the Guardian article.

Trimmed for posting:

Kinsley and her parents’ shootings came six days after Ralph Yarl, a Black teenager, was shot in a separate and unrelated incident by a white man after ringing the man’s doorbell in Kansas City, Missouri.

On 18 April, in another separate and unrelated incident Kaylin Gillis, 20, was allegedly shot and killed by an upstate New York resident after the car she was riding in accidentally pulled into the wrong driveway.

Days after Gillis was killed, a man in Texas is alleged to have shot and injured two cheerleaders, Payton Washington and Heather Roth, after one almost got into his parked car by mistake, according to reports. Investigators later charged a 25-year-old man on a count of deadly conduct.

WHAT THE FUCK, AMERICA?!

12 Likes

Sadly, this is the logical conclusion to unfettered, unregulated access to guns. Any gun.

An armed society is not a polite society. It is society with a depressing number of fresh graves.

11 Likes

So he turned himself in and was arrested without incident, which is the best we could hope for.

I’m definitely more on the “let’s attempt redemption/rehabilitation” end of the spectrum rather than a “lock 'em up and throw away the key” kind of guy, but it’s hard to understand why he was walking free given his recent criminal history:

7 Likes

Yeah, they’re going to prosecute the hell out of him, and quick.

Weird how that doesn’t apply to, well, anything else, e.g. contraception/abortion (or really any medical issues at all).

Absolutely nothing new here - this has always gone on in the US, though the usual case involves a white man “frightened” by the appearance of a non-white person in his front yard, e.g.

Perennial question.

9 Likes

Because it was a property crime?

(I wish it were /s, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the judge releasing him on bail used this logic… :disappointed:)

1 Like

Imagine how many lives would be saved if we took dv super serious and kept guns out of the hands of people convicted of violent crimes though.

But that’s not possible … Of course… Everyone gets to shoot at least one person one time in the US!

It’s our god given right!

3 Likes

The only way to stop rogue playtime is a good guy with a gun.

4 Likes

I can think of an employer who would be delighted to recruit a man with his particular expertise.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.