Police in Cumbria, England, searching for teens armed with "elastic fidget-type toys"

Originally published at: Police in Cumbria, England, searching for teens armed with "elastic fidget-type toys" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Will the crime-wave gripping the English countryside ever waver?

10 Likes

Not much to do in Cumbria…

14 Likes

Apparently not.

6 Likes

society is unraveling, tension on the streets is building soon things will come to head and there will be a gang war of an unprecedented scale between the “fidgeting angels " vs " las pool noodle banditos”.

8 Likes

You can leave.

I did.

Cumbria is a nice place to visit, in summer, if the weather is good. Carlisle isn’t though. Too big to be a small town, too small to be a big city, has some of the worst problems of both.

7 Likes

Why am I having Hot Fuzz flashbacks?

– For the greater good! –

5 Likes

I lived in Carlisle for 25 years, and I’d say that is fair.

6 Likes

Youngsters…

drawing skating GIF by LooseKeys

2 Likes

Got gormlessly curious about how one is ‘expected’ to fidget with a mere elastic ‘noodle’ like those. Seems like the possibilities are limited (“orrr… endless!”). Found the amazon page that the image may’ve come from, and the accompanying alternative images seem to imply a lot of two handed stretching. So hard pass; fidgets should be one-handed affairs sez this old fidget. Are the mean teens just using them to snap people? …lame.

2 Likes

I’ve heard that ‘stimming’ is a dangerous new drug that kids these days are into. Someone should do something!

1 Like

What. The. Actual. Fuck? #rollseyes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.