Police officer accused of fondling corpse apparently didn't realize that turning off his body cam wouldn't stop it from recording him

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/04/police-officer-accused-of-fond.html

2 Likes

The only time that camera should be off is when the officer is off duty.

And I am betting he has some new nicknames at the precinct.

46 Likes

48 Likes

I prefer to believe that this is still considered abnormal behavior, even within a police department. If it turns out this is more common than we suspect… well, shit.

I agree with this completely.

19 Likes

This is super SUPER SUPER gross behavior.

9 Likes

As long as his gun, his badge, and the thin blue line also turn off when he goes off duty…otherwise, I don’t know, some of these chucklefucks could use 'round the clock surveillance…

25 Likes

and they will be reviewing all of his camera’s footage, right?

i mean, i can’t imagine he hasn’t done something worse before, maybe even to a live woman. either way he should have his gun(s) taken away and should be in jail.

12 Likes

he’s being investigated for fondling a corpse,

LAPD’er was protecting and serving that dead person, service with a smile…

5 Likes

Attorney General William Barr said that if communities do not show more respect to law enforcement officers, they may lose “police protection.” -USAToday

Maybe even the dead would be better off Bill.

31 Likes

Do yourselves a favor and don’t google the illegality of necrophilia, or what ‘technically’ counts as such.

27 Likes

I’ve thought for ages that we should require all officers to wear a SmartHatIntelligentToque™ wherein the band contains perhaps a dozen cellphone 1080p cameras pointed in all directions. Using software to stitch this into a panorama, it could save lives where an officer is made aware of dangers behind him. “IR analysis correlated with mmWave 5G scanning indicates that suspect #2 has a concealed weapon, probably a .32 snub nose.” (use your best Clippy voice to really nail it) You could network the caps together, along with drones, tread-bots and vehicle cams, lamp posts, doorbell cams. Officers are required to wear the S.H.I.T. at all times and if they do not have it on their head their gun won’t come out of its holster and the taser delivers the officer a shock every time they touch it without wearing the hat. Combine it with some cool smart AR mirror shades and they’d probably go for it.

As to this creep… ewwwww.

9 Likes

Police officer accused of fondling corpse apparently didn’t realize that turning off his body cam wouldn’t stop it from recording him

Angels in the afterlife report that the corpse was also turned off.

18 Likes

u6dVYe

15 Likes

Jesus Christ, dude! WTF?

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up. For a moment there, I was wondering if it was one of those complicated moral gray areas.

5 Likes

You just described a new version of the robocop for the 2020s.
The problem is that somewhere someone is considering it seriously.

I’ll just leave this here…

2 Likes

They’ll be able to shoot unarmed teens that they previously were unable to see.
BONUS!

So the IQ quota system works.

12 Likes

I think interest in fondling corpses is probably orthogonal to IQ. And, sure a less intelligent person who has that inclination might be less likely to realize just how bad an idea it is. But on the flip side very, very intelligent people who want to do that probably devote their considerable intelligence to justifying it to themselves.

11 Likes