Police officer accused of fondling corpse apparently didn't realize that turning off his body cam wouldn't stop it from recording him

My question is what condescending explanation the local fraternal order of police will use for why it is outrageous that this invasion of the officer’s privacy was allowed to occur.

3 Likes

Yes, ma’am. Heard and understood.

6 Likes

I deeply resent the implication that anyone would take me seriously…

I just want to be a fly on the wall when the city council mandates the new S.H.I.T. caps and PhotonicRecordingInfoKapture smart glasses.

Lt Dan - OK gather round. We are now required as per muni code J/1337 (blah blah blah) to wear these at ALL times, including the bathroom breaks and lunch hour.

Private Dorkus - WTF Lt.? I’m not wearing that, it looks like a poop emoji! It even has the smile and google eyes!!! No way.

Lt Dan - Son, you either put that S.H.I.T. on your head or you’re fired for real this time, not like the last three times you pegged a kid in the back for running faster than you.

Private Dorkus - Shit!

Lt Dan - This is the S.H.I.T. Now wear it. Oh and it comes with these horrific mirrorshades.

Private Dorkus - Why didn’t you SAY so!

Lt Dan - That P.R.I.K. on your face really suits you.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I regret that I have only one “like” to give you.

2 Likes

Or, double-down, and keep the on/off button, but instead of turning off the camera, the off setting live-streams the camera feed to the ACLU…

9 Likes

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

?!?!?!?!?!?

wait, this was 1996? since when is this common practice?!? always was? thats straight out “BraveNewWorld”. the fuck is happening? am I still sleeping?!?

3 Likes

If we don’t start giving police more respect, they’ll abandon us and we’ll have to fondle our own corpses.

8 Likes

Well, if they have it. Cameras meant to capture incidents have a ring buffer. It is always recording new video to that buffer but throwing the oldest video away. When recording is triggered, the buffer is prepended to the recording so you have what led up to the incident.

We have the footage because he only had the camera off while he was fondling the corpse. (I can’t believe I just typed “fondling a corpse”…). If he had waited a bit longer before turning it on, we would have never known.

2 Likes

No way, for the privacy of the people the police interact with.

Can’t trust all cops… but can you trust everyone who would review that footage at the ACLU?

Always relevant in topics involving corpses:

13 Likes

Same for bestiality.

7 Likes

“They don’t remember me for any of those things, but you fuck one sheep…”

9 Likes

I had no plans to…

4 Likes

There’s a lot of discussion here on necrophelia, but I’m not convinced that that was actually his motivation.

I remember hearing story about an EMT who had done basically the same thing to a woman who ultimately died in the ambulance. (in his story)He wasn’t into dead bodies, he just thought she was beautiful and justified his actions by being overwhelmed with some romantic impulse.

I’d wager less necophilia and more of a lack of respect for women’s dignity and humanity.

10 Likes

This single feature of USian policing more than any other, makes me want to burn it to the ground and start afresh. They are deliberatly putting lower IQ officers out there, having them police civilians and criminals with higher IQs, and trusting the badge and the gun to make up the difference.

It’s… not even broken. You’d need several more drafts to bring it up to level where it could be fixed.

1 Like

Ugh, he’s terrible.

1 Like

… and now they know better how to tamper with a crime scene.

1 Like

A: Well, if have to sexually abuse someone it might as well be someone who doesn’t mind anymo—
B: YOU DON’T HAVE TO SEXUALLY ABUSE ANYONE OR ANYTHING, EVER

12 Likes

Can’t even escape that sh*t after death. I can only hope there’s a special place in hell for folks who behave like that.

10 Likes