Police officer accused of fondling corpse apparently didn't realize that turning off his body cam wouldn't stop it from recording him

To be clear, I don’t think it was either;

I just wanted to know if such a violation of a corpse by an LEO was illegal, and just a cursory query told me more than I ever wanted to know.

IMO, the root of dude’s disgusting actions is the same as all violence and disregard for women; misogyny - ‘it’s baked right in,’ along with all the racism…

18 Likes

This makes me wish for some way to communicate from the great beyond, but the response probably wouldn’t be much different than this…

4 Likes

I can’t wait for the police union’s take on this.

5 Likes

Those soulless fuckers will say, the officer was merely following procedure, without even blinking.

4 Likes

So, not only do we have to worry about what happens to our loved ones’ remains in funeral homes, we also have to wonder now about all first responders.

(Reading of ‘necro’ in Mary Roach’s STIFF was enough for me.)

4 Likes

Nawp;the ‘indecent’ squick factor is too high, even for a group with standards as low as a police officer’s union:

14 Likes

That also means anyone defending him in this thread is literally worse than a police union.

12 Likes

I would absolutely love it if “worse than a police union” became a new normal way to insult someone.

8 Likes

Pretty much.

Though I’m not sure why anyone would even try to defend someone who molested a dead body.

11 Likes

Ha! I double dare you to go elsewhere on the interwebs that has an article about this, and read the public comments section. I’m betting that you’d find some answers to your above “why” (though you probably are better off not knowing that particular “why”…)

1 Like

Well now we’re intrigued. What do they say?

3 Likes

I have no idea. I’m not that brave myself. I’m also betting that Melz is braver than me.

3 Likes

14 Likes

You mean like Boing Boing?

Now they’re all taking notes on how the bodycam actually works.

“A detective who was later reviewing bodycam video for the investigation saw the fondling on video and reported him.”

I’m pleasantly surprised that he was reported by another officer. Bad cop behavior typically results in fellow officers looking the other way.

4 Likes

Yeah, this doesn’t surprise me. Fascists have a pretty set hierarchy of “ok-ness”. Molest a live woman in the back of a prisoner transport, you’re one of the guys. But jesus, don’t get into any of that weird stuff.

6 Likes

Is that the Henry Rollins story about Tom Waits?

Oh sure, it’s creepy as fuck but do you think it’s even close to the worst thing the LAPD did that day?

2 Likes

Just think of some of the footage on those bodycams. Especially in the restroom. You are welcome