Police officer arrests a 6-year-old child for having a tantrum at school

Will it shut her up? She’s just vile…

7 Likes

It is aimed dangerously close to a femoral.

9 Likes

Brightly illuminated red flags on this; here’s a child with serious mental health issues! They need treatment.

5 Likes

Ms. Loren, we’ll fill this extra-strength antibiotic prescription one more time, but the doctor has told you repeatedly that gun oil is not intended for that use.

5 Likes

What ever happened to sending a kid to the principles office? Or don’t they have counselors in schools now? I am pretty sure Mrs. Allison’s title as Counselor at my elementary school. Or possibly the nurse? My mom was a para for BD kids in Middle School, so somewhere there should be someone who helps kids with issues other than the preposterous solution of arresting them.

7 Likes

Dennis Turner, a cop Florida man with the Orlando Police Department

FTFY etc etc.

5 Likes

At the bottom of the story there was a link to Dept of Education statistics (https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/school-climate-and-safety.pdf).
In their data, black students were 2.8 times more likely than white students to be arrested or referred to law enforcement. I was actually expecting it to be worse.

Also the likelihood ratio was almost identical for disabled vs. non-disabled (2.85).

7 Likes

“Outraged that a cop arrested a 6 year old?” tweeted Scott Hechinger, director of policy at Brooklyn Defender Services. “Know this: Florida Law allows it.

As far as I know, zero states have an age limit on arresting people, though it is generally preferred that the arrested person actually have committed a criminal act.

3 Likes

Kids’ are just damn lucky they didn’t call in the SWAT team

“oh hey liquidus why are you emigrating”

“oh prolly b/c of sht like this”

4 Likes

Don’t forget she once drew a picture of a gun.

1 Like

Assume the cop is a perfect angel. What else could he have done?

Hey, she didn’t get shot, right? So points for extreme restraint?

4 Likes

Thank you for proving that your idea of how to be a good human being includes wishing grievous bodily harm on someone else just because you don’t like the way they write their online posts. Wow, moral superiority sure is great, isn’t it?

I was like, well this is stupid and doesn’t make sense and then I clicked on the article and was like … ooooh yeah … that figures. At least they didn’t shoot the girl for being dangerous.

3 Likes

Sent the kid home with her parents?

11 Likes

Well, looky here!

13 Likes
4 Likes

Taken her to the Principal’s office, waited until a parent or guardian arrived and talked them through a either the process for re-admittance once the child is under control or an appropriate behavioral health referral? In general we need to become far more comfortable with the idea that not all bad things need to be dealt with through criminal procedures.

11 Likes

Every school has a protocol for these things. This chucklehead didn’t follow it.

12 Likes