Police officer arrests a 6-year-old child for having a tantrum at school

Not that serious:

One of the students, a 6-year-old identified by her family as Kaia Rolle, was reportedly having a temper tantrum caused by what her family said was a lack of sleep due to a medical condition when she kicked someone.

Sleep apnea, apparently. Lack of sleep certainly makes my kids cranky. (The big one is willing to kick too, in the right circumstances.)

7 Likes

A fucking vacuum hose, even.

O_o

8 Likes

Plus living in constant fear of their own life’s.

Fired, now.

13 Likes

Suing was out of the question?

NO 6 YEAR OLD SHOULD EVER BE APPROACHED BY POLICE LET ALONE ARRESTED. CHANGE THIS LAW.”

Roger That!

9 Likes

Most civilised places set the age of criminal liability at 10 to 12, or thereabouts, which means kids can’t get arrested since the concept of crime doesn’t apply to them.
But then again, this article is about what goes on in Florida…

4 Likes

That cop must have been horribly abused as a child.

Well, I mean, Officer Nutsack didn’t shoot the kids, so clearly a liberal.

4 Likes

I really don’t know the answer to that. My perspective on the situation was pretty narrow.

@Carbonman we’re not supposed to speculate about underlying mental health issues, but I think it’s fair to say that poor girl’s needs were not being met, nor anyone else’s. I don’t know why the situation was allowed to persist for so long, other than recognizing no one was prepared or resourced to deal with it.

1 Like

I had to read this three times to figure out whether it was a joke or not

1 Like

don’t kink shame. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

The only way to stop a bad guy with a tantrum is a good guy with a tantrum.

4 Likes

NOT arrested the child?

7 Likes

Wait, when have I ever said that I’m a good human?
I’m quite flawed…one of which is believing she would be a perfect candidate for a Darwin award. She doesn’t have to die, just not passing along her genes is good enough.

4 Likes

I was wondering how far down I’d get in the comments before someone pointed that out. Nobody should be asking for children to be immune to the law, nor should our standard for behavior be “whatever is legal” for cops (or anyone). It’s bizarre to me that the person in the article’s reaction to a cop’s monstrous behavior is that the law is what’s incorrect here.

1 Like

How about NOT BE INVOLVED?

Kind of a no brainer

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.