Police officer enjoyed illegally entering naked woman's home and handcuffing her because she "agitated" him

No. That’s the point. It’s not a sacking offence. He didn’t steal stationary or turn up late to work. Put him in jail. For a serious amount of time.

Put his superiors in jail for letting it slide so lightly.

11 Likes

Oh, the irony.

Also from his business’ listing on a veteran’s business website:

Clearly, he didn’t get quite enough self-discipline.

10 Likes

And don’t forget the sex offender registry. This should follow him for the rest of his miserable life.

7 Likes

What about the second cop just standing there watching all this. Yeah, maybe he reported it later, but he was an accessory to the crime. He should have stopped his partner.

Also, the news anchor reported that the cop who committed the assault had been on the force “since May 29th” and is going to receive a pension.

How can anyone get a job for a couple months, then retire with a pension?

2 Likes

So…they are Reno 911 with real bullets? I’m having difficulty imagining something more frightening.

3 Likes

That’s cute, you think the officer is going to pay the lawsuit and not the city. No, the officer is going to walk away with the pension AND it is going to pay out to that the victim. I wouldn’t be so annoyed by that if cities getting sued decided to defend themselves by… you know… firing and jailing bad cops.

This is one of the worst parts of these police abuse cases. The cop gets to walk off and the city ends up with the tab. Personally, if I had a magic wand, the police union would eat the lawsuit. I bet they would magically get their shit together if they get getting hit with tens of millions of dollars each year.

4 Likes

internal investigation

In the face of abundant and unequivocal evidence, there’s no criminal investigation?!?

Break and enter, uttering threats, lord knows how much else

Where are the charges? Where’s the Law’n’Order crowd?

In all probability: nothing. And it wouldn’t be on the news either.

Source: 5 years of counseling the people this sort of thing happens to, and taking them through the medical and law enforcement process. Which virtually never involved actually going to court, since the cases almost never were prosecuted.

2 Likes

Meta question:

Can we have an F/T/A tag? Let’s face it, whenever there’s a story like this, it’s almost certainly to be from Florida, Texas, or Arizona (with Oklahoma a close 4th).

meta response: I’d like to see them each have their own tag. Chandler can have its own tag too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.