City of Chicago doesn't want you to see video of cops raiding wrong house, humiliating naked woman

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/15/city-of-chicago-doesnt-want-you-to-see-video-of-cops-raiding-wrong-house-humiliating-naked-woman.html

4 Likes

God DAMMIT:

33 Likes

If this is all there is to the charges, there is something seriously wrong with how things are prioritized. Never mind things like double checking addresses or not being hypermacho asshats. Odds that the city refuses to repair the door?

32 Likes

Fuckers aren’t even wearing face masks for Covid, so that’s yet another way they endangered this poor woman’s life.

24 Likes

The person they were actually looking for was wearing a radio tracker, fer chrissakes!

This is the same basic scenario that opens up the movie Brazil, except it’s played up as absurdist comedy, and the victim is white.

23 Likes

The news footage said it happened in February. I think it’s just that the bodycam footage came out recently.

10 Likes

if the cops had raided the wrong house in one of Chicago’s affluent neighborhoods

Like that would ever happen.

Great fiction/comedy writing there! /s

9 Likes

I feel like there’s a lard song for most every occasion

10 Likes

“Maam you don’t have to shout” Fuck she doesn’t fucking asshole!

24 Likes

Why don’t they start by knocking on the door? Why does it all have to be special forces nonsense?

13 Likes

He said that if the cops had raided the wrong house in one of Chicago’s affluent neighborhoods and found a naked white woman inside, the bodycam footage would have told a much different story.

The story of a bunch of police getting fired.

Let’s get real, though. If the police had gotten a report of a rich white person having an illegal firearm, they might even openly say it’s credible and do nothing about it.

6 Likes

They reserve that for (white) serial killers and (white) mass-murderers.

8 Likes

After their handling of the Homan Square torture “black site” this response by the city is not surprising in the least.

8 Likes
7 Likes

Fucking traumatizing!

And her asking, “how can this be legal?!?” We all should be asking that, every single Chicagoan and American resident should be asking that. If they aren’t, they are assholes.

24 Likes

Ah, so this is an artifact of the Before Time.

7 Likes

They did knock.

Knocked it right down, as a matter of fact.

9 Likes

ACAB

Defund the Police.

11 Likes

At least she didn’t have a dog. I am reminded of this case

7 Likes

I did not realize until now that Brazil could be considered a Christmas movie.

6 Likes