City of Chicago doesn't want you to see video of cops raiding wrong house, humiliating naked woman

This was the guy’s driver’s license
pp-elwood-id1

Seriously though, Chicago, stop being assholes.

4 Likes

It’s unbelievable how often cops are willing to accept the word of an informant without actually checking that information at all. The cops busting down the wrong door seem to usually be there for that reason. We only hear about it when it’s particularly egregious or someone gets shot, and that happens quite a bit, so one has to wonder how many cases we just don’t hear about. At best, that indicates the cops are some seriously lazy bastards, but I suspect mostly, since this happens in poor, black neighborhoods, they just don’t give a shit if they kick in the wrong door and maybe shoot the wrong person.

14 Likes

Brazil is not a comedy, absurd or otherwise.

3 Likes

Those fuckers should get life in prison just for saying, “Relax.”

6 Likes

And those trackers are pretty precise. I worked dispatch for parole division of the sheriff’s office (man, I hated that job), sharing a room with parole officers busy tracking parolees, and they could even tell what room a parolee occupied in their house (some parolees would set off their trackers by just going out to the back porch to smoke a cigarette).

8 Likes

47 times!

6 Likes

Brazil is a horror film, with some beautiful and some comical moments

5 Likes

Indeed, “TuttleButtle” is one of the tags on this post.

2 Likes

My heart bleeds for this woman. The inhumanity, the lack of empathy, the lack of concern by the police is sickening. They tried to take her dignity, but they did not succeed.

This isn’t just a problem with Chicago police. Several years ago, in a suburb of Boise Idaho, in a nice neighborhood, the police broke down the door of my parents’ home. No knock or warning. Guns drawn on my elderly parents. There had been a 911 call for a domestic disturbance on the other half of their duplex unit. The police didn’t realize that it was a duplex and broke down their door with guns drawn. I had left their home an hour earlier. If I had still been there when the police arrived I sincerely doubt I would still be alive since I was the same race, sex, and age as the actual offender.

These types of incidents will continue until the police are held accountable for their actions. I understand that it is not an easy job and that it comes with risks, but it was their choice to go into that line of work. It was not this woman’s choice to have her home invaded, to be humiliated, to be treated as less than a human being. Every one of the police involved in this travesty need to be held to account.

6 Likes

They choose this line of work for the purpose of legally (without consequences) brutalizing and controling. It’s what gets them off when they masturbate alone.

5 Likes

Happened two yeas ago as to the report.

1 Like

The biggest risk today are heart disease from coffee and donuts, and friendly fire.

If they had proper training and wouldn’t be know to bully and shoot PoCs every single time they meet one the remaining risks would be almost negligible.

2 Likes

I’d have thought that there is a real risk of heat prostration from wearing all that body armour cops seem to favour.

1 Like

How else would they look like the cool operators from their favourite video games and/or the Punisher?

2 Likes

Just cops being cops. News @11. What are you going to do? Fire them? hahahaha. If only we had a system that dispensed justice.

1 Like

Definitely has risks, but for the record, the whole “dangerous” job thing is largely a myth. The workplace fatality rate for cops is barely above that of construction laborers and well below that of farmers, landscape and groundskeepers, construction supervisors, roofers, truckers, and on and on. But you rarely hear anyone talk about how dangerous those jobs are.

8 Likes

This story dances around who is responsible for the attempted cover-up: Lori Lightfoot. She is carrying on the policies and priorities of Rahm Emanuel to a goddamn T, after crowing about how “reform is here” after being elected. She’s an authoritarian cop whose first and only political instinct is to pick fights and cover up.

From her refusal to rein in cops in any manner whatsoever to her attempts to bust the teacher’s unions, she is an utter disappointment as mayor, and deserves to be booted out of office in 2023.

2 Likes

And many of those police fatalities are traffic related. Concerning, yes, but not solved by more allowances for excessive force.

2 Likes

“Nice police work there, Lou.”

:confused:

How the fuck do they keep fucking up search warrant addresses.

1 Like

No incentive to do a good job?

2 Likes