Police officer has strong words for robber of local restaurant

uuuuggggghhhh. so nothing. a penny. a dollar. one hundred dollars. one thousand dollars. ~sighs~

well that’s awfully presumptuous…it might not have been a police officer.

1 Like

Without getting into this particular case, I just wanted to chime in that I’ve worked for small businesses before and they’ve invariably treated me worse as an employee than any large establishment.

You made a big mistake when you robbed Stelly’s. Why didn’t you rob that vegan place? No one would have given a shit.

4 Likes

“The people who know you probably don’t like you anyway. They’re gonna take the thousand dollars cash.”

Cracked me right the hell up. So true. There is no honour among thieves.

3 Likes

Maybe the perp was hungry and wanted some real food in addition to the money.

1 Like

What the fuck you sweatin’ me for mister officer man?
he said a motherfucking hamburger stand got broken in
Do I look hungry, motherfucker?

I think back when I was robbing my own kind
The police didn’t pay it no mind
But when I start robbing the white folks[’ favorite restaurant]
Now I’m in the pen with the soap-on-a-rope

Robbing a store is an actual non-victimless crime, and I’m glad it’s being investigated. I’m a little uncomfortable with the vigilante gang posturing though - the whole “you fucked with our friends, so we’re coming for you!”. I’d prefer if they treated it as, you know, their job that they handle with competence and professionalism. The sheriff liking your restaurant shouldn’t have any bearing on it

2 Likes

I hear nothing but bad constantly about the police, and honestly, I don’t trust anyone in a position
of authority. I never have, I never will. So, I’d say I’m disposed to hate police.

But guys like this- I have some respect for. I have met a couple really, really nice police
before (along with some incredibly bad ones- don’t ask) police that actually went out of their way to help me.
They weren’t there to mess with me, hassle me, they didn’t act like assholes. They acted like really
nice people who knew they had the power to do whatever they wished- and chose to be righteous.
Like the kind of cops people want to assume all cops are- the kind that serve & protect, not just hassle & jail.

You guys might find this cop’s thing funny, but I see what is probably a really, really nice guy. I don’t think he comes across as a Rosco P. Coltrane- I think he’s Enis with some balls. He seems geniunely nice, but angry. I like his style.

It’s seriously been a while since I said I liked a policeman- but I actually like this guy. I hope he catches the asshole that broke in.

I really wish I could be reminded more often of reasons not to hate or fear the police. There are good ones out there. Living in areas where they don’t just cruise around in blacked out cars and spy on you, it can be kinda nice to actually see them walking a beat and helping people. It just seems like lately, with the CPD torturers, all the unarmed shootings of black men, and all the bullshit over the last few years, all the good cops are looking the other way when the bad ones do their thing.

7 Likes

I know robbery = theft + violence, but I thought the violent entry to a property could count?

Not sure what you mean by “violent entry” - violence would seem to require a victim other than property. But there may be circumstances or statutes of which I am unaware that would qualify. IAALB by no means an expert in the matter, as I no longer practice criminal law. I now pass the time as a legal pedant.

Law enforcement is about public safety and making the communities we live in better places to live. To me this is a perfect example of being a public servant and the explanation of personal harm to decent people is going above and beyond. The DNA and boot print “evidence” is likely a bluff and I assumed he was going to use that to ask the perpetrator to turn themselves in and ask for leniency.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.