Police send SWAT squadron after man sleeping in car, still fail to apprehend him

Ha ha politicians I don’t like literally worship Satan and eat babies

I am clever and smart

6 Likes

Defund the police - fund the wine police!

3 Likes

Dead Silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Though if it was power tools confused for guns, maybe Ryobi will jump to his defense…

7 Likes

Looks to me like they may not have been outgunned; otherwise, nothing has changed… other than the fact they have fancier toys this time.

3 Likes

Parroting Heritage Foundation talking points, knowingly or unknowingly, doesn’t convey a lot of credibility to a commenter here.

Also, no firearm was found when the vehicle was searched, so I’m not sure why you call him a “gunman”.

9 Likes

But Sawzall-man doesn’t roll off the tongue nearly as well.

6 Likes

In that cops are trained to be afraid all the time?

3 Likes

all cops are whiney bastards?

4 Likes

“Pro-criminal” is a ridiculous characterization of anyone, and you know it. I think you’ll find that bad-faith bumper-sticker politics don’t get you far on BB.

8 Likes

My province in Canada has language police. There are altogether too many police.

3 Likes

That would be an unusual position for a former cop.
Unless, of course, you think all cops are criminals…

Based on what evidence?
It is noted that none is provided.
Big surprise, there.

No evidence of a gun is provided, merely hearsay. Sleeping people are generally non-threatening.
Cops are never wrong, though, are they… and, if so, neither is Gascon!.

For what, pray tell?
Please, enlighten this dim corner of the Internet with your Insider Knowledge!

Apparently, these cops didn’t need training.

2 Likes

Quelle domage, ça. :wink: C’est vraiment foux

5 Likes

Maybe they’re having a competition…

1 Like

Over here, the other side of the pond, that would be barely more than a village, my home town has a population of a bit over 40,000, and we don’t even have a police station, they share a building with the town council. And no guns, either.

3 Likes

Following up, this seems to be part of yet another conservative-funded national effort to alter the political landscape at an accelerated rate.

In this case it looks like they’re exploiting the perception in more liberal cities that crime is rising (especially in affluent neighbourhoods where it used to be less common) to get right-leaning hard-liners into the D.A.'s offices sooner than the next election.

In addition to L.A. and SF, this is also happening in Chicago and Philadelphia. They’re hard efforts, but if they’re successful I expect right-wingers to roll out similar recall campaigns everywhere they can, not just against reformist D.A.s but any who identifies as a Dem.

3 Likes

In the US, the police in a town of 40,000 might have a tank. (Actually in towns of less than 10,000, they might have a tank.) Well, technically a bomb-resistant armored personal carrier or other “light armored vehicle” of some sort. And probably a .50 cal machine gun whose only purpose is to penetrate armored vehicles - for… reasons. And/or a helicopter. Or grenade launchers. Or… We’ve spent more than the UK’s annual total defense budget just to give military hardware to the cops here.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.