Police to high schoolers: Naked "Nerf Wars" could lead to arrest

Originally published at: Police to high schoolers: Naked "Nerf Wars" could lead to arrest | Boing Boing

3 Likes

They’ve got it all wrong. You’re not invincible without clothes, you’re invisible!

11 Likes

Looked for a “It’s Nerf or Nothing!” video.

Found this:

3 Likes
8 Likes

There’s always some nanny trying to keep kids from having fun. Why not designate a naked nerf zone in maybe a cemetery, maybe help some of the dead rise up?

2 Likes

Why does this seem like an uprising of concern for something that never happens? When I was in university it was “Toga parties”. Because, you know, people were naked under those togas. Don’t think I was ever aware of any actually happening…lots of the everybody bring a case of beer and Deep Purple albums parties, though. My university was adjacent to a nude beach that no-one cared about, either. D&D, just becoming a thing, was the other panic of the day as I recall.

4 Likes

Let’s call it what it really is… Nerd Wars!

1 Like

A quote from the second article. “ We have great kids at Lakota East. Unfortunately, this is the time of year when great kids sometimes make bad decisions."

This sounds like a good school administrator.

Didn’t you read the article!? A child could SEE them and end up TRAUMATIZED FOREVER from seeing a single human body without clothes.

10 Likes

God only knows what happens when said child has to take a bath or get in the shower after physical education classes

5 Likes

I’m naked under my clothes right now!

14 Likes

Not me. Just more clothes. All the way down.

16 Likes

It needs to be cordoned off, too. There used to be a nude run at the end of classes in my old college town. It attracted lots of people with expensive video cameras. Adults ruin everything.

Obligatory:

8 Likes

And I’m planning a wardrobe malfunction, later.

2 Likes

I hopped into my “way back machine” and have returned from the 60’s with this vital information, we never ever ever played “hide and go seek” naked.

You’re Welcome, again.

2 Likes

How about a little credit, RIGHT NOW!

5 Likes

In Magic The Gathering there is tournament judge ruling that removing your pants counted as a fast effect when a player is facing an attack from a creature with denimwalk.

1 Like

um… I’m gonna go with “nothing”.

But that was a really satisfying squeal of self induced pain.

1 Like

This. I think that GirlChild at this point would love to watch a bunch of high schoolers playing nerf war in the buff, not for titillation or anything like that, but just waiting for the inevitable nut shot or for someone to get perfectly sniped in the starfish.

I kinda worry about people whose mind doesn’t go to “well, it’s just a bunch of stupid kid fun”, and goes straight to the “Horrible bodies!” (when you know they’re slowly licking their lips…)

6 Likes