Polish beer company is brewing "Yoni" beer, made with the vaginal bacteria of "goddesses"

mayhaps feeds no bulldog but really mixes up ‘bacteria’ as in Lactobacillus with yeast (which is not a bacteria, but a eukaryote and a fungus). now, maybe both are involved, but it “Once the bacteria is isolated, cleaned, and identified…” and then later add yeast(?):

Amouranth is collabing with a beer company to brew a new flavor using her vaginal yeast

well, it’s not very clear at all, is it? nor, i suppose does it have to be [shrug]? (and wt@#$ is “collabing”? are they sharing the HPLC or …?)

7 Likes

Oh like this is any worse than the Beard Beer that Rogue put out a few years ago.

(Reminder, that was also bad because Rogue has been anti-worker for a while. )

5 Likes

I don’t know if there’s a cleverer workaround, but going to bbs.boingboing.net, and searching will get you to the thread you want.

She seems to think it’s yeast, which most women definitely don’t want colonizing their intimate parts, lactobacillus however live quite well in that PH range. I assume it’ll be a kettle sour, @docosc, you wort, cool, add lactobacillus, let it arrive at desired PH, then boil, and add yeast, and so on. They do it that way to avoid lactobacillus infecting the rest of the production.

7 Likes

MassengALE

Yeast are fungi, not bacteria. For fuck’s sake.

1 Like

Nobody said otherwise.

The article is describing the use of lactobacillus in beer, and that the company has made other beers using human-sourced yeast.

5 Likes

I Dont Care Whatever GIF by Joey Bada$$

2 Likes

Makes me not regret quitting drinking decades ago.

Bored Mr Bean GIF

2 Likes

Is lactic bacteria also fungi? Because that’s what they are using in the production. If you read the article. Welcome to boingboing.

ETA: Sorry @NukeML, here you go:
Coca Cola Animation GIF by Isabella Carapella

4 Likes

Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

that’s crazytalk! Who reads the article these days!

2 Likes

And yet I failed to thoroughly read the comment following the one I responded to. :no_mouth:

1 Like

(That looks almost exactly like our cat)

2 Likes

I feel called out :smile::smile::smile::+1:

2 Likes

Harry Potter Whatever GIF by Harry Potter And The Cursed Child

3 Likes

I’m slightly amazed that nobody has yet mentioned Zoe Stavri and her sourdough made with vaginal yeast.

(Her original blog post has gone, sadly)

2 Likes

This? :stuck_out_tongue:

https://boingboing.net/2015/11/26/woman-adds-vaginal-yeast-to-so.html

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.