Political fall out from Covid-19 pandemic

( and aim it at his own supporters )

4 Likes
7 Likes

Il Douche: “NZ proves it can be done!”

9 Likes

I know that was a sarcastic/Trumpian truth, but it’s worth pointing out (a) it’s only a four week delay; and (b) despite being a decision of the current Ardern Government, they have made it despite the fact it can’t help, and will probably marginally hurt, their own electoral prospects.

11 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/parliament-prorogued-confidence-coming-on-throne-speech-says-trudeau/ar-BB185JHI?ocid=se

Parliament prorogued, confidence coming on throne speech, says Trudeau

3 Likes

Moving Chrystia Freeland to the finance post seems to have riled the headless Conservatives. They are making noises about “lack of business experience”, but I think what really worries them is this:

6 Likes

The fash on the march in Dublin, Ireland today.

In other news the parliament here has a golf club apparently and 80 people met for a dinner as part of it. One minister so he’s resigned and the senators (kind of like house of lords in England except no hereditary members, we reserve hereditary positions for elected politicians it seems) have had their party whips withdrawn. Personally I’m angling for the EU commissioner and supreme court judge at it to retire. Not resign, retire completely. The contempt of the privileged knows no bounds unless we make that boundary for them.

Also you might notice on that front page that the first prison case has been discovered which is more horrible news on top of all the horrible news piling up as the second wave seems to be gathering strength.

9 Likes
15 Likes
6 Likes

So far, it seems the majority of US states have already decided to reject the CDC’s new guidance. At least 33 states will continue to recommend testing for asymptomatic people exposed to SARS-CoV-2, according to an investigation by Reuters. Experts who spoke with the news organization said the rebellion was unprecedented in its size and yet another sign of distrust of the Trump administration and its handling of the pandemic.

8 Likes

https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/01/tony-abbott-some-elderly-covid-patients-could-be-left-to-die-naturally

10 Likes

Oz landlords doing as landlords do:

14 Likes
3 Likes

12 Likes

11 Likes
9 Likes

omg.

He said he spoke out about it to ProPublica because he opposes Medicare-for-all health care reform proposals. Bad actors in the profession could cause doctors to lose their privilege to bill and be reimbursed independently, he said. Most physicians are fair with their billing, or even conservative, he said. “If instances like these go unchecked it will provide more ammo for advocates of a single-payer system.”

dude. it’s not a bug, it’s the whole damn feature.

16 Likes
14 Likes

Since the order, however, COVID-19 infections among meatpacking workers have multiplied. To date, there have been more than 43,000 cases and at least 195 deaths among meatpacking employees, according to data compiled by ProPublica from public health agencies and news reports.

9 Likes

“If you ignore all the places where it’s bad because I intentionally did everything I could to make it as bad as possible (and ignore all the places where it’s bad now because people listened to me), we did super great!”

11 Likes