Political fall out from Covid-19 pandemic

Are we though?

I guess economists forgot that months of record, worse-than-the-Great-Recession unemployment and ongoing lack of any stimulus aid for the people who would normally be doing all of this shopping means nobody has any fucking money.

10 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/hundreds-of-invitees-skip-mike-pompeos-superspreader-holiday-party

Just a few of the more than 900 invitees to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s indoor holiday party showed up on Tuesday following a flood criticism that the event could become a superspreader for coronavirus, the Washington Post reported late Tuesday.

About 70 people RSVP’d for the event dedicated to the family members of diplomats serving overseas in dangerous postings as of Monday night and just a fraction of that group showed up, the Post said.

Man, that must have been embarrassing for Pompeo! Oh, wait…

Pompeo, who was scheduled to speak at the event, canceled his speech and tapped a substitute, two officials told the Post.

He wanted to kill a couple of hundred people, but couldn’t be fucked to show up himself.

14 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes
8 Likes
14 Likes

“This is a ragtag crew of pro-Trump, anti-vaccine extremists, along with some ambitious Republican politicians who would like to be governor,” Newman said. “I don’t think it’s something anyone wants. I’d be surprised if Californians wanted to spend the extra money and have another election the following year.”

A petition to oust Newsom has more than half the signatures needed to trigger a special election, said Orrin Heatlie, who is leading the Recall Gavin 2020 campaign. Volunteers had collected 844,000 signatures by Tuesday, he said.

6 Likes

If you are on the same side as Trumpists and antivaxxers, you need to reevaluate your life choices.

7 Likes

It’s where the grift is good.

4 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/dems-brace-for-gop-ploy-to-pin-under-planned-vaccine-rollout-on-biden

Democrats are beginning to take notice that they’re being set up.

“Beginning”. God help us.

13 Likes

Naivete is kinda our stock in trade, isn’t it? One could hope given the record setting level of assholery evinced by this “administration,” a bit of reality might seep into our way-too innocent brains, but no, the talk is all kum-bye-yah and let us now gather together when it should be “get the hell out of the way and let the grown up work.” SMFH. Do not be nice, do not worry about offending them. Be effective! They certainly aren’t worried about us!

9 Likes

Indeed. Democrats have inexplicably not yet figured out that since at least the mid 90s, Republicans have weaponized the “game” of politics where you can disagree in the chamber and still have a polite and respectful dinner together afterward.

8 Likes

I don’t know what this is about, but Vancouver is where “Patriot Prayer” is from

6 Likes
15 Likes

“I see your true colors,
Shining through…”

Truly does let you know where they stand.

12 Likes
16 Likes

That is hilarious

13 Likes

He’s right though. Instead we should call it the RogerHelmerIsAShitweasel virus, after its Latin name.

13 Likes

The on Donald Trump’s Watch Viruses?

10 Likes

That’s the Vulgarian translation. :wink:

9 Likes