Politician who opposed mandatory chickenpox vaccine has been hospitalized after getting chickenpox

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/19/politician-who-opposed-mandato.html

10 Likes

37 Likes

I, for one, can get behind more politicians spending four days in hospitals.

Also,

26 Likes

giphy%20(40)

21 Likes

14 Likes

35 Likes

21 Likes

People getting sick is never amusing, so I am not laughing, and I especially won’t laugh when he later develops shingles, which I understand is very painful.

9 Likes

9 Likes

3 Likes

So if someone is willfully and stupidly poking at a bee hive all of their own volition…you aren’t a little pleased when they get stung by said bees?

4 Likes

giphy%20(88)

4 Likes

DownrightAnxiousBustard-small

4 Likes

There’s a shingles vaccine. If he gets shingles too, it will be because he abjectly failed to learn his lesson.

26 Likes

Tom Hanks, The Money Pit, specifically the bathtub scene.

Laughing.

Forever.

3 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

However, seeing as he’s a person that can set policy, and either do good or damage with his words and actions, for me it’s satisfying that he be given an abject lesson in the results of this particular point of view.

The question I have is has this experience changed his opinion on vaccination?

Or does he still believe in everyone’s God given right to get sick and possibly die from something that’s preventable?

7 Likes

While I appreciate the irony, I think the writers of this timeline are getting a bit lazy. Let’s try for something a little subtler in future episodes, shall we?

15 Likes

Long-term, there is no way this isn’t a win for him though.

Decides to stick it out as anti-vax? “He’s willing to be one of the minority who actually get the disease! And he lived! What’s the problem?”

Decides to capitulate and got pro-vax? Nobody gets more praise than the prodigal son returned.

2 Likes