Politician who opposed mandatory chickenpox vaccine has been hospitalized after getting chickenpox

Chicken Pox is serious as an adult, right? Born July 2, 1980 (age 38 years), but his parents didn’t have him vaccinated.

I guess he was an unwanted child.

3 Likes

Here’s the thing… we don’t know if he infected a pregnant woman. He might have. He certainly was reckless in that he didn’t take steps to prevent doing this.

6 Likes

They are busy with the gritty Trump reboot.

2 Likes

In fairness to his parents, the vaccine wasn’t widely available until the mid-90s, by which time he’d have been at least 15, and Europe doesn’t seem to have a particularly stringent vaccination requirement for chicken pox. I was born in '84, and got chicken pox before the vaccine was approved in the States by the FDA in 1995.

7 Likes

I hear the second season is going to be even more memorable than the first. Real “edge of your seat” writing. And if it goes as planned, there will be a third.

3 Likes

20b8kt

2 Likes

giphy

1 Like

I can’t stop laughing right now. Payback is a B*TCH.

I contracted chicken pox when I was 37. There was no vaccine when I was a kid, and my parent put me with every pox-ridden kid I knew when I was young (as back the practice “back then”). Then my vaccinated kids got a mild infection [yes, it’s possible] and I contracted it shortly afterwards.

The next four days were a kind of misery exceeded only slightly by the kidney stones I’d had a couple years before. I would not wish chicken pox on any adult, even the anti-vaxxers. There’s nothing to do but let it run its course. I was lucky that it didn’t spread to my eyes or into my throat. Everywhere else though, was a body-wide, fiery shock of pain and itching. Absolute misery. Despite the anti-vaxx stance, I wish him a speedy recovery.

12 Likes

What is that called, starts with a K, rhymes with shawarma…

3 Likes

Yeah, my older daughter got it while they were doing final side effects testing for our local health authority. 5 years later it was standard. There is no reason the ignorant gentleman would have had it unless he went out of his way to get it… given his beliefs that would be unlikely.

However it was kind of him to provide an object lesson.

the only problem with laughing at this is the same (lack of) logic is killing kids from a perfectly preventable disease of measles

blocking the nonsense on facebook et al is not the solution, we have to educate people that science has solved this a long time ago and ignoring or dismissing it causes great peril

in fact if the misinformation can be spread via facebook etc. why not use those sources to educate people?

just “sex up” the knowledge, “THIS ONE TIP CAN STOP YOUR KIDS FROM DYING, DON’T MISS IT”

4 Likes

Empathy and karma warring within. I know empathy should win, but hell, yeah, I will laugh at him while holding him absolutely responsible for any adverse outcome of his assholery.

4 Likes

Increasingly the anti-vaxxers remind me of the Judean People’s Front crack suicide squad.
“That showed 'em, huh?” (expires)

7 Likes

More like she will be facing a malformed child or abortion. I haven’t the confidence that this guy would take responsibility.

9 Likes

I didn’t realize it was so late. I would have been glad to skip Chicken Pox and Measles and others. (Just like I’m glad I skipped Polio.)

1 Like

Why do you insist on oppressing him with your “vaccine” talk?

1 Like

A dark part of me hopes he opposed MRSA reasearch too…

2 Likes

­Kebab?

2 Likes

I’m glad you survived. My father-in-law had chicken pox in his late 30’s and it almost killed him. I had chicken pox as a kid and developed shingles seven years ago. The pain from shingles was excruciating! I still have scars on my side and occasional stabbing pains. If you haven’t already, GET THE SHINGLES VACCINATION! I don’t care how much it might cost, it’s worth it to avoid going through that pain.

5 Likes