Pompeo: U.S. won't recognize Russia annexation of Crimea

Especially if it’s distracting from what’s going on in Donbass and eastern Ukraine. The Russians had a fairly legitimate historical claim to Crimea, to the point where they could have got it back without all Putin’s “little green men” and trying to rig the referendum (that’s just Vlad being Vlad – the old KGB ratf*cker and panderer to Know-Nothings can’t help himself). What’s going on elsewhere in Ukraine are straight-out expansionist incursions on sovereign territory by Russia and its proxy insurgents.

4 Likes

It was on CNN this morning.

1 Like

Did he tell his boss yet?

1 Like

Breaking: articles of impeachment filed against Rosenstein

1 Like

I was expecting Il Douche to initiate that sooner or later. That his bootlicking GOP enablers in Congress are doing it in some ways makes it worse because they’re also giving him political cover.

2 Likes

Tomorrow night D2S will rage Tweet from his toilet that we’re sending troops to Crimea to defend Russia’s annexation and that we’ll start bombing Ukrainian troops in the Eastern part of the country.

1 Like

When Trey Gowdy thinks impeaching Rosenstein would be a bad idea, you done messed up. (If that is what they’re actually trying for.)

3 Likes

Seems like there is little chance of this passing.

I have to wonder the strategy, if any?

Threat? Leverage? Red meat for the base? Desperation?

2 Likes

Maybe this is the House equivalent of “Let’s get Trump laid and maybe he won’t act so crazy”? (I was going to say Snickers Bar, but hey…)

3 Likes

All I can come up with is that it’s a performative gesture of fealty so that their liege lord and their serfs will reward them in the future.

3 Likes

I like to think it is a good indicator of who is going to jail this winter.

4 Likes

If USA could just be equally clear about East Jerusalem and Golan…

1 Like

At risk of going full Godwin it’s worth remembering that the vast majority of Austrians supported annexation by Germany in 1938. Heck, a lot of Polish people were on board too.

2 Likes

Also a headline: “Trump can’t recognize Crimea on a map.”

1 Like

Tillerson also wasn’t;'t in sync with the ignorant toxic narcissist infant POTUS and we see how well he controlled foreign policy. Pompeo will get with the program or just get.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/26/632660199/rosenstein-impeachment-sputters-on-capitol-hill-but-political-war-likely-will-ra

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.