Poor Mark Zuckerberg compares looking at messages to getting "punched in the stomach" (video)

“[I] wake up in the morning, look at my phone to get a million messages … It’s almost like every day you wake up and you’re like punched in the stomach,”

Says the man who employs thousands of low-paid moderators to experience untold millions of punches in the stomach - sorry valuable engagements.

3 Likes

Ok.

But what does how much money you have to do with how much anxiety you face with how many emails you get.

Is the assertion here to to help with my inbox zero problems I need more disposable income?

Money doesn’t fix that stuff.

There are a lot of reasons to dislike zuckerdork but the idea that his money means he’s not allowed to have any feelings is an odd one.

think-mark-zuck

7 Likes

He hasn’t displayed any feelings in public, even when he was brought before Congress to answer for the dangerous misinformation, bullying, and harrassment his company profits from. So it’s not odd to contrast his discomfort from…checks notes…receiving messages with his company enabling gibbering online trolls to harrass people literally to death.

Sipping Mark Zuckerberg GIF

5 Likes

There’s that, plus his metaphor hints that he has no real experience in getting punched in the stomach. It reads instead like something someone told him to say because his handlers, interaction coaches, whatever, have told him will make him seem more human.

Right now, he has the problem of being a very, very rich person who got lucky when coasting through life, and is missing the one thing humans need. What was it, Agent Smith? Ah, yes, adversity.

I have no sympathy for Mark Zuckerberg.

6 Likes

Mark is just describing the experience of logging into your Facebook account.

3 Likes

It sure helps a lot. If one has a net worth of $60-billion and one is so very distressed by facing one’s inbox every morning, it’s easy enough to throw some six-figure/annum pocket change at two highly competent personal assistants who do nothing but screen one’s business and personal inboxes to make sure that one never sees an e-mail that’s upsetting, that’s a waste of time, or is making a request that can be delegated to someone else.

I see two possibilities for what’s really going on: Zuckerberg is a control freak (or trying to appear to be one) and is asking for that metaphorical punch in the stomach every morning; or he has those assistants and what he’s actually talking about is not his e-mail and text messages but his newsfeed, which every day records another instance of how his toxic company has screwed up or made life worse for everyone. I would suspect the second scenario, but neither earns him any sympathy from me.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.