Poor Trump cries about his arrest, while "lock-them-up" clip lists all the witches he's tried to hunt (video)

Originally published at: Poor Trump cries about his arrest, while "lock-them-up" clip lists all the witches he's tried to hunt (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Can you say hypocrisy? I knew you could.

6 Likes

We can, but that doesn’t matter.
Hypocrisy is a virtue to those who you would wish it to be a sin.

7 Likes

That’s a nice and telling bit of political theatre.

5 Likes

‘Once indicted’ so far… maybe this is the pebble that starts the avalanche.

I don’t either.
If he wasn’t a rich man’s pup, he probably would’ve been shanked while serving a term on Riker’s Island long ago, & a short, forgotten obit would have been his legacy.

The Lucky Sperm Club needs to do a better job of screening its members.

7 Likes

Accusations of hypocrisy roll off MAGA brains without affecting them at all, so while this is fun, it seems pointless. You need to find a way to undermine their feelings about their wannabe despot, because as long as they feel that he is their deserving, strong leader being sidelined and attacked by an unjust system, they’ll stand by him, no matter the facts or accusations you hurl.

1 Like

This isn’t for 45’s cult followers; it’s for those who like to think they ‘sit on the fence’ or that they are apolitical.

9 Likes

Well, there you are. Trump is their “strong leader” because he gets away with everything. Nothing would undermine that better than if he could finally face real consequences, especially since he plainly doesn’t have the temperament to withstand them with any show of courage.

8 Likes

To add to what @Melizmatic and @chenille already wrote, we have to also remember that a lot of the general public has very short memories when it comes to politics. So it’s worthwhile to occasionally provide reminders like this.
This isn’t for his unswayable acolytes who, I honestly don’t know what can be done for them at this point. This is for the forgetful fence-sitters.

8 Likes

Or who believe “both sides are just as bad”…

4 Likes

Yep, them too.

5 Likes

And that’s leaving out the entire list of people he called for death for in his rants in full page ads in the NYT before he ever became President. All through the 80s, this man was commanding people be executed or locked up.

1 Like

Hard to believe there are any of those left, but here we are.

4 Likes

Yep, still in the dumbest timeline…

5 Likes

Warning: Metaphorical Emetic ahead!!!

(excerpt) “When I went to the courthouse, which is also a prison in a sense, they signed me in, and I’ll tell you, people were crying,” Trump told Carlson. “People that work there, professionally work there, that have no problems putting in murderers, and they see everybody. It’s a tough, tough place, and they were crying. They were actually crying. They said, ‘I’m sorry.’ They said, ‘2024, sir. 2024.’ And tears were pouring down their eyes.”

6 Likes

I could absolutely believe tears pouring down their eyes.

Tears from laughter.

4 Likes

“The only thing we have on the video are the NYPD officers letting the door slam on Trump,” MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell quipped on Tuesday. “They won’t even hold the door for him. We don’t see any tears in that video.”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.