Donald Trump comments on Roger Stone conviction

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/15/donald-trump-comments-on-roger.html

9 Likes

The issue and crime was lying to congress.

17 Likes

Finally, I agree with Donald Trump about something. Public officials who tell easily falsifiable lies should go to jail. Now let’s see… who do we know that fits that bill? Hmm…

50 Likes

TGOP snowflakes are having a bad day, week, month…

25 Likes

46 Likes

Man, Trump really, really hates being made fun of.

…no?

35 Likes

I’m really curious to see what 45 thinks Mueller lied about; he’s like the epitome of “the ideal Republican” back when they actually cared about upholding the illusion of being ‘respectable and responsible.’

44 Likes

Remember when presidents had the decorum to keep their enemies list private?

47 Likes

He’s such a two-bit hoodlum. How can anyone take him seriously?

25 Likes

That’s what’s most horrifying; people who happily buy into such flagrantly fallacious bullshit…

31 Likes

It continues to astound me that people think this is acceptable behaviour for an adult, let alone a head of state.

38 Likes

Clearly Trump doesn’t understand the difference between lies, and criminally prosecutable lies.

24 Likes

It’s telling that even Trump isn’t trying to argue that Stone is innocent of any of the charges against him.

30 Likes

Stone? Stone who? He hardly knows that gentleman.

19 Likes

When the POTUS lies more often (daily) than my “Shifty Seven-y/o” there is a problem. She’s sly, but she also doesn’t have more authority than me, never mind more authority than anyone in our country.

9 Likes

Donnie - when you lie under oath - it’s called perjury.

It has different consequences from all of the other lies you tell all day long, every day.

He was also convicted of obstruction of justice and witness tampering. Which - I’m sure you also have no problems with - but - too bad - the law does.

24 Likes

That second comment made me think:

How long until people start claiming that the corruption was actually a galaxy brain plot to attract all the corrupt sycophants to him and bring attention to it so that Trump could secure all these convictions on horrible people while humbly avoiding drawing attention to himself?

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Donald Trump and Roger Stone knew each other, and worked together, for 40 years. The BEST defense that Trump could come up with was, “hey, other people lied, too!”

21 Likes

He’s furiously retweeting right now.

2 Likes

Oh, oh! [hand in the air]

4 Likes