Popcorn snack includes free snake

Originally published at: Popcorn snack includes free snake | Boing Boing

4 Likes

The store had rat poop and they still were comfortable buying food stuffs from there? :grimacing:

17 Likes

That’s tobacco country. Household median income in that town is $26,000; for the county it’s $27,000. That’s basically the poverty line for a family of four. I imagine there aren’t a lot of choices, grocery-wise.

14 Likes

Slaughter said she plans to report Thursday’s incident to the Virginia Department of Health, but she doesn’t want the store to shut down for good because it’s one of the only places to purchase groceries in the small town.

“That’s like the only store we have,” she said. “I’m a home health nurse. Shut it down. Clean it. You know, the cleaning process won’t take that long if you do it properly. Get enough people in there, hire a company, clean it up and open the doors back up.”

It must really suck when something like this is your only option.

21 Likes

If you got mice in your store, you should probably leave the snake in it.

24 Likes

Not as cool as bats in your library.

9 Likes

The problem with that strategy is that this store is too far south for the gorillas to freeze to death next winter.

11 Likes

Yeah came here to say, the problem is the rats and mice, not the snake. The snake did not chew that hole, they don’t do that. A mouse did and the snake went in after it. Figure out how the rodents are getting in and fix that first.

3 Likes

I guess they can keep a bodega rat snake on the premises :snake:

4 Likes

Well nobodies gonna comment on the name Slaughter…

As I always say with a jagged grin “if you take the S out of slaughter you have laughter”.

Ho ho he he ho arhhhh… he he

1 Like

Snek snack?
Snake GIF by Mad Monkey Media Inc.

9 Likes

Sometimes, I’m so happy that I live in a state that would close down a grocery store for having mice feces on shelves, whether it be the top shelf or the bottom shelf.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.