Pope delivers a literal slap on the wrist, and he's sorry

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/01/pope-delivers-a-literal-slap-o.html

3 Likes

She seems to have yanked on him and had a good grip. While I guess not cool of the pope I don’t blame him one bit.

27 Likes

“Papal Slap” would be a pretty good name for a punk band.

39 Likes

Perfect:

41 Likes

As a level 18 cleric he should, at the very least, have had a sanctuary spell prepared. Disappointing.

21 Likes

No worries frank - you have some slack.

She got off lucky;

35 Likes

Has there been any coverage of what the woman was saying as she pulled him back? It doesn’t seem like she was doing it just to admire him personally…

1 Like

Wish Franny would start slapping the child rapists in the church.

11 Likes

Heh. Usually it’s the other way around, with the priest doing the inappropriate touching.

2 Likes

Even Popes have a right to decide who touches their body.

6 Likes

Well, she did grab and yank him in a rather brutal way. I don´t think I´d have reacted any different if that happend to me.
So I´m with you there, Pope Frank.

6 Likes

As she asked him what he will do to remove sexual predators from the sanctuary of the church, the Pope slapped her.
As she asked him about the horrors the Catholic church has inflicted upon world for hundreds of years, the Pope slapped her.
In a perfect world the Pope would walk the earth as victims of religion get to slap him constantly.

Their spinoff after a band breakup would be the “Pontiff Pokers”.

In some versions you can hear it. She says “thank you for the sermon” basically. Nothing freaky or threatening at all.

2 Likes

It’s sounds like a euphemism for masturbation to me. I’m off to stroke the pope.

4 Likes

“I have also come to regret the time I suplexed that disabled kid for asking when my next album would be finished. And I ask Christ’s forgiveness for roundhouse kicking Sister Maria Immaculata in the back of the head”

1 Like

The Pope is certainly no Beatle.

3 Likes

Surely it was a good example of lost patience?
But I don’t really know - maybe it wasn’t up to snuff.

Worst earworm evar!

1 Like