Porch pirates sprayed with glitter and fart smell after opening fake package booby traps

(An aside)

I will occasionally often yell, grunt, or mutter when I get frustrated or otherwise wrapped around the wheel. I had a co-worker that complained to me and I said I’d try to keep it down. (It was hard to take seriously, because it was very much how I imagined receiving a scolding from Gladys Ormphby.) Semiconscious impulses being what they are, I did not improve. She complained again, going on at some length at how difficult her job is (unlike mine, I guess), and for how long she’d been doing it, and said her next step would be to complain to mgm’t. I told her, in all earnestness, that it would probably be her best option, because (I didn’t tell her this part) my task was not going away, and in all likelihood, neither was I.

To the best of my knowledge she never went to mgm’t about it, but I also never heard anymore about it. Next thing I knew she showed up with protective ear covers, like they wear at the airport.

When the company finally unraveled, we were cleaning out all the desks. I got to hers and in the upper cabinets, she had left about two dozen bottles of water in varying stages of consumption. Reminded me of Howard Hughes, except with water, not pee.

2 Likes