Portland loses its jug-shaped strip club

Originally published at: Portland loses its jug-shaped strip club | Boing Boing

4 Likes

…Oh, shaped like a literal jug.

7 Likes

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/strippers-are-confirming-were-in-a-recession_uk_645638e5e4b00eb7e63be46a

Not good news in more ways than one.

2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

Maybe like Hooters

Different hours, maybe?

3 Likes

The ladies insisted people brought their kids for the fried chicken. There was also supposedly a very good rib joint strip club, IIRC.

5 Likes

Yeah, seems like lost opportunity in terms of naming the place. Also, it’s covered with balls, so if they included male strippers, they’d have other logical naming options…

2 Likes

was curious to see what it looks like now…

via (google maps)

the original color scheme looks so cute. i guess the flat red was cheaper.

3 Likes

… maybe the next owner will re-paint it

1 Like

i would hold out for a glowing eye on top.

the eye flames GIF

2 Likes

Many a person has told me the steaks at the Acropolis are worth the $5 cover for access.

4 Likes

A sad day for Portland :frowning:

Confirmed. I had one of the tastiest filets I’ve ever had, there - along with a huge loaded potato, and it was like $10.50 (caveat - this was probably 2015-16ish).

3 Likes

The scene in Portland is, how shall I say it, revelatory? I once met some Swan Island shipyard workers who told me of this one nightclub. There’s separate sides for the women and men. At Midnight, the dividing screen gets pulled back to allow all customers to mingle. Talk about priming the pump!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.