Portraits of Hollywood's odd costumed characters

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Several years ago I watched a customer service training film that used, among others, the Disney parks as examples. The guy who played Goofy refused to take his head off on-camera.

That seems to be one of the differences between people who wear costumes professionally and those who do it just for fun, or for tips.

2 Likes

Was just watching Boba Fett getting hauled off by the PoPo for fighting with Chewbacca and Darth Vader on the morning news… Newscaster couldn’t stop laughing.

3 Likes

Please share links as soon as possible. That’s hilarious.

I wrote a short story about a couple of completely fictional costumed characters working Hollywood Boulevard. One thing I speculated about was that fighting would get shut down pretty quick, that the players themselves would be largely self-policing because fighting would make all of them look bad. It’s no surprise that Boba Fett has no respect for the rules.

2 Likes

Don’t see any video…

1 Like

Or maybe it’s the difference between those who do it for love and those who do it just for wages. (And furries.)

1 Like

The video really fleshes out a lot of these individuals. I wish they’d have included the Charlie Chaplin gentleman as he’s an endearingly sweet and gentle person. Before I ever met him, he sat in front of me on the bus:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.